Saturday, June 5, 2010

STORMY STORMY NIGHT

Tonight we had some pretty serious storms go through our area. A town to the west of Peoria was hit by a Tornado and from what I hear it did quite a bit of damage. Although we were under Tornado Warnings for a while and the sirens were blowing to take cover, the worst we had at our home was the torrential rain. None the less, I yelled for all of the kids to head to the basement quickly. I grabbed a few important things like . . .

the portable weather radio
my cell phone
my ipad

I also made sure the boys grabbed the dogs (although we did leave the guinea pig in his cage in the mud room.)

Once the kids were all in the basement I took a look out the basement door to see what was going on with the storm. Nothing but a whole lotta rain. It did cross my mind to remember to grab the jet ski keys next time . . . (just kidding) . . . I don't think our yard is every going to dry out because we have had so much ground soaking rain.

The kids were all situated in the basement and I told them to choose something to watch on DVD. We have satellite television and in a storm, we lose all signal. It is strange how that happens as the Ipad worked perfectly fine in the storm. The boys chose Rocky and Bullwinkle - it was old when I was a kid. They sat pretty well as they watched . . . . Remember . . . "Nothing up my sleeves" as Bullwinkle would always say?

We sure seem to be having a lot of storms lately! The weather alert system has awakened us several times recently and the other night it went off four or five times for Thunderstorms. I whole heartedly recommend each home have a weather alert radio!!!

Time to head for bed and hopefully a peaceful sleep!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

So glad to see y'all are all safe and sound!! Take care!!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter