Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Saint Has Gone Home . . . Plus Bible Study . . . Where AM I?

There are so many things running through my head today. Too many to mention for the most part. I do want to share these  . . .

Last evening, a Dear Saint went home to be with Her Lord. Mrs. Madge Pothoven was a Pastor's Wife . . . all of her married life. Her husband, Pastor Pothoven sent out an email last night . . . It touched my heart so much, I want to share it as I believe it will bless your heart as well.


"Precious in the sight of the Lord

is the death of His saints."

Psalm 116:15

Beloved Friends,


Tonight, June 21, Madge went to be with the Lord. Heaven is now her home. She anticipated this transition to glory for a very long time. She is now "safe in the arms of Jesus." She went quietly after a very long battle with many health issues. She fought a good fight, she finished the course and she kept the faith. She is now in the presence of the Lord Whom she loved so very much.


Tomorrow I will send information on the time and place of the visitation and the service.


Yes, we sorrow but not without hope.



The Lord is good.

His mercies are always new.

Great is His faithfulness.


Harold


Such a tribute to her testimony! As I read through the email, my heart rejoiced. I thought of the Saints that have arrived in Heaven before Mrs. Pothoven . . . the Gathering to Welcome Mrs. Pothoven HOME! The Words Spoken . . . "Well done My Good and Faithful Servant"

After reading the email, I sat at my desk and thought . . .  my thoughts ran from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I then decided to look at the blogs I follow and saw Beth Moore's post for the day. Today is day 1 of the Summer Bible Study . . . "Ruth ~ loss, love & legacy" by Kelly Minter. The first thing Beth wanted us to do is write on the inside cover of the book . . . "Dear God" and then continue writing God a letter about where I am right now, right this minute.

I sat for a few minutes pondering, Where AM I? Then I began to write my letter to God . . . it was sobering, I must admit.

As I began the study and read through chapter one, I was hit smack in the middle of the forehead . . .  right where I "live". When I am faced with a tough decision do I take the easy way out and give in to the world's way or do I stay the course and follow God? How is my relationship with God when things are going well? How is my relationship with God when things are out of my control?

Then the two collided . . . the email and the Bible Study.

At the End of the Day . . .

or the End of MY life . . .

What will GOD say to ME?

 Will He ask me WHY did you take the easy way out instead
of following what God wanted me to do?

Will He ask me WHY I didn't take the time to daily walk and talk with Him?

Will He ask me WHY did you respond the way you did?

OR

Will He look at me and Say, "Well Done My Good & Faithful Servant?"

Will others remember me for the way I lived, what I said or how I respond?

OR

Will others remember me like Pastor Pothoven so loving referred to his wife?

She fought a good fight, she finished the course and she kept the faith. She is now in the presence of the Lord Whom she loved so very much.

Take time today to reflect  . . .

No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter