Dinner, room check, baths and bed - the room must be in tip top shape OR they will lose a privilege for the next day. Why so harsh? I just knew you would ask me that and I am glad you did. Well, we have been battling the boys - all of them - for quite a while.
In our organizing and purging endeavors we have found the following:
- freshly washed clothing that has been folded thrown into the closet and left on the floor - the boys then walk all over them (walk in closet for two of the boys).
- freshly washed and folded clothing stuffed into toy bins
- dirty clothing hidden behind the bed
- toys pushed under the dresser - hidden from view, but clean up in "their" opinion
- freshly washed and hung shirts thrown on the floor of the closet
- brand new birthday gifts that came as sets thrown all over througout the room
- miscellaneous items hidden here and there, but definitely not where they are supposed to be
Today, the boys and all of their "free" time belong to me. I figure that since I took my time to put away their toys and clothing, they will "sacrifice" their free time to me. I have PLENTY to keep them busy!
How do you "teach" your children to be responsible with their rooms, clothing and toys?
Well, I have had coffee, a bowl of my favorite cereal and made a blog post . . . I must get my shower and get busy around the house.
Today, we will:
- finish the laundry
- wash all of the floors on the main floor
- scrub the main floor deck
- clean the bathrooms