First, I filled out the Census Bureau form and sent it in . . . NOW, Part 2 . . . The Telephone call and verification.
Tonight at roughly 9:00 p.m. our telephone rang and the caller ID read US Census Bureau with the 888 number attached. You thought that you were finished with the Census when you filled out your little paper and returned it . . . right? Well . . . NO, you are not. I asked for the callers name and identifying number with the Census Bureau - to which Misty politely answered. I asked if I was chosen randomly and she answered "No, every household will get a phone call." There were a few questions that were not on the Census form . . . like:
- was there anyone that you did not list on the census form?
- was there anyone on the census form that was listed twice?
- was there anyone on the census form that was not living at your address during March and April?
- was there anyone that temporarily stayed with you during March and April that may have been missed in the census?
- was anyone on your form away at college, in a mental institution, nursing home, prison, out of state or living in a vacation home?
- what is the race of . . . please answer: Caucasian, Asian, African American . . . . etc.
- were there any newborns added to your home in March or April?