Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday that feels like Monday

Tonight, we are told to expect storms by our weathermen . . . which means our little weather radio will be blasting us out of bed when watches or warnings are posted. This could be a very long night.

Today was the first day back to school for my kids. It was nice that they all were excited to go to school. Cody and I had an o.k. day at home. I worked on balancing the bank statement for work . . . I have two items I cannot locate, so an email off to Melissa should help. She will be able to call the bank card company to advise us of what the transaction was from. I am OCD about the bank book being to the penny correct.

We have been having some problems with our boys following directions. Apparently, little boys tend to be a bit scatter brained and easily forget what they are told. This has been going on for several days now . . . so beginning last night, when one of them didn't do the chore I asked them to do, like washing the table and chairs after dinner . . . I go ahead and do the chore - then I ask them to bring me their Easter basket . . . well you probably guessed that I get a little something for doing their chore. So far, I have collected two chocolate bunnies . . . Who knows what tomorrow will bring. My sister Janeie has a cute little saying . . . "if you snooze, you lose!" I share that little tid bit with them too.

Randy wants an Ipad. He has a Mac and now wants the Ipad. He also told me today that we should trade our SUVs in and take out two leases instead. I quickly over ruled him and told him to be happy with what he has . . . besides, mine is a 2008 and only has 6,500 miles on it. They are both in A1 shape. I think sometimes it is too easy to change things out and we just need to enjoy what we have. Do I hear an Amen?

My week is messed up . . . is yours? Having the kids home on Monday and sending them back today has me thinking today is Monday. It really messes with you!

I have loaded all of our Easter photos to Shutterfly. Our Easter book should be fun to get together. I love Shutterfly. I am behind a few picture books, but that is easily made up - that is when I have the time. It is so much easier and less time consuming than scrapbooking. I always had things strung all over when I scrapbooked.

Well, I need to finish my coffee and head to bed. Have sweet dreams everyone!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Is he jealous of Gabby's BMW? She would have let him drive it :} Contentment....so hard to learn!!!

Mary said...

hahaha, I kept thinking yesterday was Monday too!! To the extent that I was surprised when our Organic Doorstop delivery (which comes Tues & Fri) arrived - thinking why are they here on Monday?!? haha!!

I agree, it's so easy to fall into the trap of wanting the newest thing... so much better to be content and look at all the amazing things we already have!!

Love you Julie!!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter