Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Relaxing Day, Football Boo Boos, OCD, Compassion

RELAXING was pretty much the name of the game today! This morning I had coffee and breakfast while I visited Facebook and blogs. Webinar at 12:00 noon with Beyond Consequences - love it. Mom and Aunt Doris stopped by for a few minutes - sure wish it was longer, but I had a nail appointment at 2:00 p.m. and Mom had not been feeling well - allergies have a tight hold on her right now.

After my nail appointment, I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby . . . I needed thread to match Katelyn's dress for the banquet - I have a few alterations to make on it for her. I was pleased to find the perfect color. Tonight I made the little alterations and Katelyn is pleased. She can hardly wait for the Banquet next week.

I returned home about 4:00 and the kids were outside playing while Randy watched them. Katelyn had stayed inside, but warned me that one of the boys had gotten hurt while playing football outside. Now you have to understand the two that were attempting to play football are 5 and 6 and have a lot to learn. In fact, I think I may have to get them helmets because they play so rough. Anyway, I headed outside and to where Randy was watching the boys that were running all over. My 6 year old was sitting on one of our boulders by our lower patio with ice on his face. Now, I have to tell you that even though I was warned, I wasn't prepared for the size of the bruise on my son's cheek. I asked him if I could see it and he lowered the ice . . . the bruise is right at the apple of the cheek and was still swollen and already showing a nice bruise. The ice had taken down the swelling since the accident, but there was still some swelling. This kid is tough! I asked him what had happened and was told that they were playing football and he tried to tackle his younger brother. Apparently, he fell backwards and pulled his brother with him and when they hit the ground the younger brothers head crashed into his cheek.  Daddy acted quickly and had Katelyn grab the ice . . . which we always have on hand for just such an occasion. Prior to bed tonight, the bump appeared to be going down more although it is probably going to hurt a while. It isn't even summer yet . . . I read a facebook post from one of my friends whose little boy about the same age was hit with a golf club while playing outside - that one ended up with stitches. My friend said that it must gonna be a full moon. I guess with active kids - especially boys - there are going to be accidents - regardless of how well we parents are watching.

This week I have been feeling a bit OCD. Do you ever have times when you can't stop cleaning out and organizing cabinets and drawers? Well, that is where I am at this week . . . I have cleaned and organized our upper laundry room cabinets, my desk drawers lowers and one upper, the pantry, the mud room lockers, the kitchen refrigerator and freezer. It feels so very good to have those little "extra" duties done.

Today I received a lovely photo and letter from one of the children we support through Compassion. "J" is 16 or 17 years old and is lovely. She is learning to sew so that she can make her own clothing. She is also in a workshop of cosmetology and in handcrafts too. She wrote a lovely letter and signed it . . . Your Daughter "J" I continue to be amazed at how other cultures respond to one another. "J's" family is very poor and they earn less than what you and I spend on entertainment or dinner out during the course of a month. "J" touched my heart when she prays, "your home will never lack the food and health."

I must smile when I think about the children in El Salvador . . . when I think about how God touches hearts . . . and that not only do I have five children of my own, but have five children in El Salvador as well.

No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter