Sunday, March 28, 2010

SPRING CLEANING PICS

Tonight I am tired .  .  . not because I didn't get a nap, because I took a really good deep sleep kind of nap for almost FOUR hours this afternoon! I am just a little weary and refuse to let Satan take a foot hold into our home. We all must be on our toes, Satan waits in the darkness waiting for us to let our guard down.

Most of us Moms spend a great deal of time in the kitchen, so I decided to write a special verse that continually rings in my head on a dinner plate and place it in my little plate stand between my stove and sink to remind and encourage me of God's Word.


Psalm 46:10 Be STILL and KNOW that I am GOD.

Psalm 46:10 has been ringing in my ears for weeks now . . . It appears I have a new life verse!

Now, for those of you who want to know how to write on a plate . . . First use a place with a nice glaze, use a marker - I have used the dry erase markers in the past, but this time I used a black permanent Sharpie. I know, I can hear the gasps . . . PERMANENT, what if you want to change it? Well, there is this great little invention called the "Magic Erase" sponge - it works wonders and will take permanent marker right off of a glazed plate with almost zero effort (at least that has been my experience.) So, my beautiful ivory dinner plate sits on a plate stand by my "betty pick up bell" and olive oils between my sink and stove.


(a view from a little farther back)

Yesterday I mentioned that I would take a few pictures after spring cleaning and post them. Well, here you they are:


The little project I completed yesterday is our last name above our patio doors. The letters are wooden and painted black. I used the 3M Command sticky things to attach them to the wall. I love how it turned out.

This is a picture of my desk area . . . all fresh and spring cleaned!

A view of the kitchen from the eating area. (note, the plate was on my desk so I could write my verse on it so it isn't in this photo)

another view of the kitchen from the eating area

our dining area - the high chair on the right was my grandma's - I love it

a pic from the family room of the dining and kitchen areas, all Spring Cleaned! 

Woo HOO it is such a great feeling!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

We took a crazy nap too! Your home looks great and I know you're enjoying every minute. I am making my list tomorrow and plan on getting real serious about the deep cleaning. There's nothing better.

Jeanette said...

AND you have no carpet so you don't have to wait for carpet to dry before finishing a room! I am so glad I'm done with my spring cleaing - makes my cleanings days so much easier!! Like tonight I decided to clean for 1 hour and see what I got done. I got the whole main floor dusted and the upstairs hall and the master bedroom! Tomorrow I just need to vacuum and mop the main floor and finish up the bathrooms.

I'm gonna swing by Cody's birthday gift after I get my hair done tomorrow. You gonna be home?

Jenny said...

Your home looks great. I love you kitchen.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter