Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Nice Day to Be Home and Busy

Our skies are gray and dreary, rain is falling and today is a great day to catch up on laundry and house chores. It was wonderful going to bed last night with the sound of rain, such a beautiful and tranquil melody.

Today is the last day of school for the kids as Easter Break starts tomorrow. The are out of school for seven days not including the weekends. I plan to spring clean the bedrooms while they are home and can help me. I am sure it will be a bit of a challenge, but their incentive to help will be outside play, fishing and maybe an out to eat or two. I am excited that they will be home and think we will have a great vacation.

Bugsy the guinea pig is all happy happy . . . his cage is clean and he has loads of new foods to try. For a little guy whose world revolves around food, things couldn't be better for him! He has grown by leaps and bounds and is now the size of a puppy!  Everyone loves him . . . he has a cute little personality that he likes to show off.

Dinner is in the crockpot . . . new recipe . . . a mix between a vegetable chicken soup and stew. Going to let it cook all afternoon. The house has that yummy welcome home feel.

Laundry is running . . . I have quite a bit to do today and tomorrow on laundry, but figure it will get done when it is done.

I am going to tidy the kitchen, switch out some laundry and sit with Cody to watch a movie and snuggle.

I have a call in to my eye doctor . . . I have a question about my new glasses. They are progressive lenses - which are nice, but I only have a very thin line of the bifocal portion of my prescription. Calling to see if they can make the bifocal portion a little bigger. We shall see. Other than that - I LOVE THEM!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Marva said...

Hope you had a great day! Hugs!

Mary said...

Sounds like a lovely relaxed day! Glad you like your glasses!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter