Tuesday, March 9, 2010


Today was spent out and about once again. This morning I had an eye appointment this morning with a new doctor and I am so excited to report that I felt like I had spent the morning at the hair salon, spa day or something to match. I had a lovely time!!! The staff was so nice and friendly and the doc was great too! The exam was done quickly and efficiently and I had a great time with the gal that helps you with frames . . . I have two pair coming in within a week. I can't wait! I did find out that my eyes require a bit of a change from my previous prescription - the doc told me that I am now near sighted. I have never had that as a diagnosis before. In hind sight (no pun intended) it was good that I "lost" my eyeglasses as they were just for reading and only hand magnification. My new glasses will be for the farsightedness AND to be able to actually read something without stretching it out at an arms length to try and read it.

After the eye doctor, Cody and I went on a date to Bob Evans . . . He had a cheese burger and smilie potatoes and I had a cup of bean soup and a salad. Yummy! Then it was off to Walmart for a quick stop . . . I check out at the self check out . . . Boy that lady in that machine is pushy! If you don't put the item in the bag quick enough she tells you to "PUT THE ITEM IN THE BAG" then Cody leaned on it and it told me "PLEASE SCAN AGAIN" or "ASK FOR ASSISTANCE." I think I could have check out a few hundred dollars in groceries for the time it took us  me  to actually get everything scanned and put in the bag with all of the Cody interruptions. I told him the "lady in the machine" was going to get onto us for not listening to her. He gave me a funny look. When we were all finished, I told him to tell the lady in the machine good by and thank you. He did and then he looked at me with a bit of an attitude and said, "She didn't even say WELCOME!"

That kid CRACKS ME UP!

After Walmart, we headed to my sister Janeie's house because my Mom and Aunt Doris for a few minutes. Then it was off to pick up the boys from school. We were home for about 1/2 hour and it was time to pick up Katelyn from school. YIKES, back and forth, back and forth.

It was time to make dinner . . . I have been trying to eat better and that includes my family eating better as well. Tonight I made spaghetti . . . but not our normal spaghetti . . . a new version. My family LOVED it!

Here is how I made it:
  • whole wheat spaghetti noodles - we didn't even notice any taste difference
  • diced tomatoes
  • classico spaghetti sauce
  • onion
  • mushrooms
  • diced orange bell pepper
  • diced red bell pepper
  • head of cauliflower
  • small amount of brown sugar
  • parmesan cheese
  • a few dashes of red pepper
  • chilli seasoning package
  • ground turkey
I didn't include amounts to the recipe because I make a HUGE batch of anything I make so we have leftovers. Everyone loved this version and didn't even notice the veges. Randy even complimented the spaghetti and thought it was wonderful all around. Not depriving at all. YIPPEE

Well, that is it for tonight . . .

No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!

stat counter