Friday, February 26, 2010

The Passion of the Christ - We Watched As A Family . . . AND

Tonight we watched THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST with our boys. Kate was gone babysitting and this gave us the opportunity to sit with them, read the words, explain what was happening. We read to our children, have taught them our Christian values, they go to a Christian School . . . they still were not grasping what Jesus did for them. We as parents are instructed in the Bible to teach our children . . .

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; when he is old he will not depart from it.

We all sat and watched . . . we watched as Jesus taught, we watched as the disciples learned, we watched as Jesus healed. And then we watched as Jesus was betrayed, beaten, humiliated, blasphemed, tortured, mocked and spat on. We watched as Jesus had flesh torn from His body, as the thorns dug into his scalp . . . through all of this and even more than we can imagine, Jesus asked God to forgive them. We watched as Jesus carried the cross to that hill named Golgotha, as he stumbled, fell, was beaten more, spat on and mocked. We watched as He felt God forsake Him . . . God could not look upon His Precious Son as he took on the Sin of the World. We watched as Jesus turned His Spirit over to God and said, "It is Finished!" and died. Of course, the Bible tells us that on the third day, Jesus rose from the dead, the stone was rolled away and the tomb was empty. Praise God . . .

We sat quietly for several minutes after the movie was over. As I looked at my boys I saw faces of sorrow and as I began to talk to them about all the Jesus had gone through . . . tears fell down their cheeks. I explained to each of them . . . Jesus could have stopped at anytime, but He knew he had to be the sacrifice for the sins of the world. Jesus could have said, I am not doing this . . . let them go to hell, but He did what God sent Him to do . . . to be the payment for our sins. We spoke about what sin is and what they do that is sin. We talked about satan and Hell - that it is a very real place. We reviewed what Jesus had gone through, that Jesus died on that cross and that He rose again! The tears turned to sobs as I asked them if there was anything they thought they should do . . . immediately EJ told me that he needed to talk to Jesus because he was a sinner. I asked Cameron if he needed to say anything . . . he also needed to pray. I knelt down on my knees and the two boys followed . . . I had the privilege of leading my two little ones in the Sinner's Prayer. Praise God that through those heart felt sobs, my little boys asked Jesus into their hearts. Once the prayers were over, I held my boys on my lap as they cried into my shoulders . . . EJ's heart was broken that Jesus had to die on that cross, for him. Oh the preciousness of his heart. Cameron was quiet except for the gently crying. I told them both that I loved them and we hugged a while more.

There is a calmness in our home tonight . . . there are hearts that are tender. Cameron told me a few minutes ago that he had been very bad to me and he named the things he did and said. He asked my forgiveness. I thanked him for his apology and of course accepted it. He then thanked me for praying with him . . .

Is there anything in the world that even comes close to leading your child in the Sinner's Prayer?

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

If you are not certain WHERE YOU will spend ETERNITY, accept Jesus Today . . .

No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter