Monday, February 22, 2010

Moms and Parenting with Grace

Do you ever have one of those moments that you just NEED to talk to your Momma? You know those times when only Mom will do. I had one of those moments today . . . there is just something about being able to talk to Mom that always makes things better. Now, when I say talk, it may talking in person, on the telephone or by email  . . . because Mom's are busy you know.

My Mom has ALWAYS been there to comfort, hug, kiss, nurture and take care of her children . . . regardless of how old her children are, she is there for them. Just knowing that Mom is aware of a certain situation AND is PRAYING . . . is so very supportive and comforting.

A Godly Mom is such a treasure! Her encouragement to remember how many times God has had to "remind" or "get our attention" in certain areas is priceless! She is right you know!

Mom is always there to make things better . . . whether it be a gentle hug, nudge or kiss; nice warm sugar toast when you are sick or just the right words that you need to hear . . . Mom is there! Just knowing that Mom is near is so comforting.

Tonight, after "talking" (emailing) Mom and reading her email back I took her advice . . .  A Little Time with Jesus is what I needed to refresh and rejuvinate my heart, soul and mind . . . Phillipians 4:6 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thankgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

"The Lord is near and He understands and I simply need to leave my "trials" at His Precious feet! Parenting is not an easy journey . . . but my Mom handles it with Grace. Mom reminds me that there are many times God tries to teach us, but we just don't "get it!" God's Grace for me is never failing, yet the Grace I have for my children's behavior is lacking more than I care to admit.  I am certainly thankful that God's Grace and Mercy NEVER fails. May I be more like Him.

No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter