Sunday, February 7, 2010

MENAGERIE OF A POST . . . SNOW, POTTY TRAINING, KINDLE AND MORE

Good Sunday Morning to you all. Things are calm here this morning . . . which is a huge PLUS! I have a long list of TO DOs today and not sure we will get them all completed, but will definitely try.

The weather folks are predicting 4 - 7" of snowfall starting tomorrow afternoon for our entire area. Should be interesting! I guess I am looking forward to its beauty and the way it quiets our surroundings outside. I am not looking forward to the muck it leaves once the plows and salt trucks get out there, let alone all of the cars and trucks mess. The kids will be excited to build snowmen once again. I hope to get more pictures of their fun.

If you haven't noticed, I have added page tabs just below the header. Click on them and they will take you to different areas of my blog. I will be updating those as time allows, so check in frequently to see what is added - I know you are all on pins and needles waiting to see! lol For those of you that read my private blog, you can access it from this blog as well as my dog training blog. Yep, this blog is the one stop blog! ha ha

I was very excited to have completed the updates and prettiness of this blog. I was very fun and a bit challenging - and those who know me knows I like a good challenge. However, now I am not satisfied with my other two blogs - Blessed with Five and Training Our Girls . . . they need to be revamped as well. Hmmmm what to do, what to do!

I am currently doing TWO Bible Studies by Beth Moore . . . Esther and The Inheritance. Both are awesome so far . . . I hope to be able to share with you some of the high points of each study.

How many of you have the Kindle reading device?

The Kindle comes in the 6 inch and the 9.7 inch. 

I love that you can order a book and have it downloaded within 60 seconds later. Read until your hearts desire. The kindle has so many features . . . Wireless - no monthly fees, great book selection, magazines, periodicals, newspapers . . . all at the touch of a button. Automatic bookmarks, read to me, web browser, audio books, Wikipedia access, built-in dictionary, prices for books - much lower than shelf price, built in pdf reader, zoom, sharp display of text and photos, global coverage, holds thousands of books, simple to use and very enjoyable. If you don't have a Kindle, I HIGHLY recommend it. I had the 6 inch as does Katelyn, however I decided I wanted the larger one and this past week I ordered it and gave my 6 inch to my Mom. I love that I can order one book and have it download to all of the Kindles. Keep your entire Kindle Library with you where ever you go - I can't even imagine trying to lug around thousands of titles in book form. I can even download children's books - how great when you are out and about with your kids and have a time of waiting - just grab your Kindle and go. Captivate your children while reading to them and then sit back and listen to the lovely comments of how well behaved your children are! What a bonus!

No, I do not sell or receive monies from Kindle or their manufacturer. I am just one of their many satisfied customers.

I know you are just dying to know how Bugsy is doing . . . well, he is great. Yesterday, he was scared to death by Ryan and has been removed from his bedroom. Poor Bugsy was so scared he was trembling. I held him and tried calming him by humming to him. He seemed to be calming down . . . that was until he bit me. Yes, you read that right . . . he bit me. It wasn't too bad and only drew a little blood.

Potty training Cody is not going too well . . . during the week, he stays dry all day until after the kids come home and then he pees them. He has pooped them as well. He has had to clean himself up, but that doesn't seem to bother him. Any suggestions? He will be four next month.

I should get to my house . . .  have a great day.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

SO good to see and talk to you today! LOVE the new look - you are a handy gal to have around :}

Rest some today and try to keep those boys in line.....ok forget the boys and just get some rest!

Marva said...

I would love me a kindle! It's been on the wishlist. ha!

The potty training-school (pre) was the twins turning point. One of the boys still has an accident here or there or everywhere (LOL) at night. Sorry I cannot be of more help. I'll say a little prayer.........blessings and hugs!!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter