Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lisa Leonard Necklace AND Bible Devotional Time

Today I received my beautiful necklace by Lisa Leonard . . . take a look:


As you can see, It is beautiful! There are two hearts which I refer to as Randy and My hearts and then our children's names: Katelyn, Ryan, Cameron, EJ and Cody around the circle of the pendant. Then there is a little pearl that hangs down over the pendant! I love it!

I didn't get a photo of the pendant and chain that I purchased for Katelyn by Lisa Leonard, but if you can image an oval pendant that has a little pearl as well and reads . . .
Katelyn, You take my Breath Away. I gave it to her today and she teared up. Well, I should back up . . first I gave her my pendant and she said, this is nice, but couldn't figure out why she would have a pendant with all of the kids on it. She gave me a funny look and then I realized I had handed her the wrong one. Duh JuJu~!

Tonight we began devotional Bible time with our family. I had several books recommended to me by a Dear Blog AND Facebook Friend! Thank you so much Mary! We had everything else tended to . . . dinner, clean up and baths when I called everyone together. We touched on something for everyone and had plenty of imput from my little peanut gallery. Bible Time went well and I Pray that time as a family in God's Word will help in some of the areas we have been struggling with. We have been trying to teach them various things, but they don't seem to be catching on. It was amazing how when I opened up one of the devotionals and began reading to the kids how it immediately began dealing with one of the sinful issues we are currently trying to get their attention about. God is so Good! Immediately we began reinforcing what we have been trying to teach them!

Tomorrow evening we will be getting Cody down a bit early (at least that is the plan) and sit the other boys with us to view The Passion of the Christ. Randy and I saw it when it came out and I believe Katelyn watched it as well. We want the boys to see it and we will be with them every step of the way. We want them to see what we have been trying to teach them ~ that it isn't just Mommy and Daddy telling them something . . . we want them to see a glimpse of what Jesus went through to be the payment for our sins.  They need to visualize it ~~~ although it was horrific, terrifying and awful.

Please pray for us as we continue to teach our children.
Pray for their hearts to be receptive to God's Word and for Randy and I as parents.
Parenting is the most difficult thing we will ever do and also the most rewarding.

1 comment:

Marva said...

Praying! Parenting is so hard and trtyin g and so rewarding although I am struggling as of late. I feel like a single one most fo the time. John is working such long hours....... God will see me through!

Hugs to you!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter