Last evening we (Kate and I) cleaned Bugsy's cage for the first major clean. He is so funny and makes cute little sounds. Mia loves him and gives him kisses then she rolls to her side and waits for him to cuddle. Emma is doing better with him and actually kissed him today. Although when we put him on the floor we have to hold on to her because she wants to lunge at him. Kamie just watches him and is content with that.
Mr. Sun has decided to shine today and it is wonderful to see him again. We can definitely use a little of his heat as it is only 19 degrees.
Katelyn wants to go out driving today, so we will get out and about to do that. She turns 17 on Thursday this week so we will be celebrating with her. It is so hard to imagine I gave birth to her 17 years ago - where has the time gone? Wasn't it just yesterday that she was snuggled in a blanket and looked like a porcelain baby doll? Or maybe it was just yesterday when she would sit on top of our maual push sweeper and take a ride when either Grandma or myself would push it - remember grandma? Katelyn had a bunny rabbit named Thumper when she was five . . . she used to take it for a walk on a leash with collar. Then there was those ballerina days - she wanted to be a ballerina and would twirl and dance around. She loved Beanie Babies and had to have each one as they were released. I cried when she began Kindergarten although she was so very excited to go to school. I could go on and on in story form, but instead I am going to list 17 things about Katelyn you may or may not know.
- our miracle from God
- was premature - 6 weeks early
- is allergic to bananas
- learned to use the computer when she was two years old
- accept Jesus into her heart when she was almost 3 in the Wal-Mart parking lot
- ran into telephone poles while riding her bicycle when she was 7 or 8
- loves animals like her momma does
- plays the piano and flute
- was an only child until she was nine
- has never met a stranger
- giggles . . . a lot
- loves to read and read and read and read and read
- loves to cook and is becoming quite good at it
- has a servants heart
- has a tremendous drawing talent and uses it to glorify God
- is anxious to get her driver's license - me, not so much
- is a daughter that I am so very proud of . . . she takes my breath away