Sunday, January 24, 2010

Reminiscing

As I write, the temperature outside is 46 degrees and the rain is falling. What a difference a week makes! I love hearing the sound of the rain.

Everyone is in bed and asleep except Katelyn and I. We were sitting here at my computer looking at an old report card of mine from 1977-1978 when I attended Georgetowne Jr. High. We also looked through some yearbook pictures online and compared the high school photo to photos of the present time. Wow . . . do I dare say I feel extremely old? The words back in the old days came out of Katelyn's mouth a few too many times and I had to agree with her. Isn't that sad? Katelyn laughed at the hairstyles, poses in the year book and the overall look of the clothing. I told her that at least the kids in my day actually wore clothes that covered their bodies, unlike many today. We had a great time and laughed a lot. She told me that I was trendy right along with everyone else. She doesn't quite understand that I was a wall flower in our high school - there were so many students. She asked me if I thought she was trendy along with everyone else. I had to answer her honestly . . . "Katelyn, you are no a trend follower - you are your own person and more of a trend maker." I am so proud of my girl!

I cannot believe so many years have passed, or how much I have changed. When I was in school, I remember striving to get people to like me . . . to be in the "IN Crowd."  I didn't want to be a wall flower, but a member of  what was cool and going on. I guess in the years since jr. and sr. high . . . those married years have changed me. I no longer strive to be in the "IN Crowd" nor do I strive or even care to be "cool." I am just me, what you see is what you get. Do you know what? That is just fine with me. I don't care what people think anymore - it isn't important what people think. I simply want to be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter and Sister I can be. Life is too short to be anything less.

No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter