Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I HAVE NOT TITLE TODAY -

The day is ending once again, where do those minutes of each day go?

Today was hair appointment day . . . everyone had their hair cut. Of course, I had my gray erased away and feel like a person again. The boys all look like boys again - I was teasing them by telling them that their hair was getting long enough for barrettes. Of course, they highly objected to the thought of anything girlie.

I spoke with the school secretary today about the bully that Ryan has been dealing with. Ryan didn't want to go to school today and that isn't like him at all. I let Mrs. H know what has been happening, the repsonse by the teacher and the fact that she didn't believe Ryan and was going to sit him at a table away from all of the other children. To say this Momma's feathers were ruffled a bit was an under-statement. Ryan came home in a much better mood and said he had a good day. The teacher did move the "bully" and Ryan was able to sit next to a nice boy. The "bully" told Ryan he was glad he didn't have to sit by him anymore because he didn't like him. I encouraged Ryan to dismiss anything that this little boy had to say and try not to let what he says bother him. I am fully ready to have a conference with the teacher if need be.

This evening we had Arby's Roast beef for dinner - they had them on sale. After dinner, we watched a little of Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe about growing and raising grasshoppers. It was quite interesting. After the portion of the show with the grasshoppers, I went downstairs and walked about 25 minutes on the treadmill. I had my ipod playing the music I played when I took walks on Sanibel Island a few years ago. I closed my eyes as I walked and imagined myself back on the beautiful beach and just walking . . . enjoying the shells, ocean life and people. I was really enjoying my "walk on Sanibel" when it was abruptly interrupted by three dogs and three little boys. Needless to say, the enjoying walk I had ended and I was trying to referree while walking - not nearly as relaxing.

Once my walk ended, Kate and I played Deal or No Deal on the Wii - I lost and then a cooking game on Wii of which I also lost - 3 times. It is hard to get the hang of those silly little hand held thingies. Cody kept telling me that Katelyn was doing better than I was. Then when my eggs were burning, he announced that loudly too. The game was a little stressful - I must find time to practice so I can beat Katelyn at least once.

Laundry is officially caught up and I only have two small loads for in the morning. I washed four small loads today and feel very accomplished that the laundry is not taking over any longer. Tomorrow I will be stripping our bed and wash the sheets and blanket. Then I will move on to tidy up and clean the two 1/2 baths on the main floor. I also told Cody I would take him to the basement family room to play Diego on the Wii - he is very excited about that.

The hour is late and I want to get to bed soon. Good night all.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I hate bullying and that breaks my heart for Ryan. AND for his teacher not to believe him...crazy. Glad to hear you are caught up on laundry.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter