Monday, January 18, 2010

HAPPY, MORTIFIED AND EXCITED ALL IN ONE DAY

I am happily doing laundry today . . . I have a goal - get all of my laundry done AND send my Mom a picture of an empty laundry hamper, washer and dryer, all with a time stamp - if I can figure out how to do that on my camera. Laundry is always at my house, it never ever leaves . . . there is always laundry to do, it is never done - at least never all at once!

I began my day happily and threw in two loads of laundry - one in each washer. I worked in the kitchen until the buzzers sounded and then went to change the laundry out and start more. I emptied one washer, threw the clothes in a dryer and then re-loaded the washer with the next load. So far so good. Open washer number two - I was mortified. I had a sleeping bag and sheets in the washer and with the sheets and sleeping bag apparently was a pull-up. The pull-up was definitely ultra absorbant from all of the gel goo that was all over my washer, sheets and sleeping bag. Ah Nuts! I had to pull out the sleeping back and sheets to clean out the washer - I literally had to vacuum out the mess. I then ran the washer through a rinse and spin cycle. Once it was done, I reloaded the washer and ran the wash again with an extra rinse. Finally, that load is finished and in the dryer. I am a bit off of my schedule now, but still have the goal of all of the laundry done. The child, which will remain nameless, will receive a talk about not storing used pull ups in his sleeping bag. Two of my boys tend to not wake to go to the bathroom in the night - so, to save all of the clean up, they wear pull ups. Cody still wears diapers to bed.

I had a lovely visit with my sister Jeanette and her two girls. I was excited to visit with them and we had a lot of fun. I also got to see her new car and play with the buttons and stuff . . . I felt like Buddy the Elf touching all of the buttons and messing. I thought Gabrielle was going to wet her pants she was laughing so hard. Thanks Jeanette for not yelling at me for messing with all of the functions of the car. ;-) I love you!!!

I am getting quite a bit done today and will finish up the kitchen before the kids get home from school. I still need to steam the floors - I love that job! I love nice clean floors!!! Especially barefoot!

Randy surprised me with a salad from Avantis for lunch. Yummy! I do think though that I need to go into the kitchen there to show them how to tear/cut up lettuce for salads. I really don't like having my lettuce in one big chunk!

Well, better get back to it . . .

1 comment:

Mimi said...

LOL! I've had a pull up in the laundry before. Fun times!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter