Monday, January 11, 2010

DO YOU MAKE ETHICAL CHOICES???

Today I received my copy of  REAL SIMPLE MAGAZINE. I love to sit quietly and go through each and every page. If you don't have this subscription, I think you would really like it. Anyway, this month there is an article about how to handle certain situations ETHICALLY. Here are some questions for you .  .  .

Hmmmmm - shall we have a go at it?

1. You are pulled over by the Police . . . you know you were speeding. What would you do? Do you cry to try and get out of a ticket? Do you make up an excuse? Do you fake an emergency? Do you just own up to the officer that you were speeding and deserve the ticket?

2. If you go to a yard/garage sale and find an item that is quite valuable, do you let the seller know? or do you buy it up and then resale it to make a huge profit?

3. You have just returned home from a day out of shopping and you look at your sales receipt and notice the Sales Clerk rang your items up at Sale Price but the items weren't on sale. Do you go back to the store and let them know? Do you call them? Do you go back to make things right?

4. You are in the drive thru - any driver thru - and you received your bags of food. You look into the bag to find that they have given you an extra sandwich . . . what do you do?

5. You and your kids just got out of Walmart and unloaded your bags into the car. You lift your child out of the cart to find a few items that you didn't pay for because your child was sitting on it and you didn't realize they were there. What do you do?

6. If someone is telling an offensive joke, do you go along with it? Do you speak up?

7. Is it ever acceptable to sneak a peek at your teen's emails?

8. Your dearest and oldest friend asks you for money . . . do you feel obligated to lend it to her/him?

9. Would you lie for your boss?

10. Your husband has invited guests over for dinner and you haven't a clue what to cook. You decide to order from a local eatery and then plate it for each guest like you cooked it yourself. Do you take credit for the meal? Do you tell them where it came from?

Tomorrow, I will answer each question as to what I would do. How about you, what would you do? Are you brave enough to answer honestly what you would do?

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm a pretty honest person. I was raised by Catholic parents and as a Catholic, I would consider the bad choices that apply here to be sins. For #1, would admit to speeding and ask for a warning,an officer friend told me that it's ok to do so.
#2 - If I knew it was very valuable I would let the person know
#3- I'd let them know.
#4- Ha Ha, THAT'S MY EXTRA extra sandwich you have! I am very unlucky at drive-thrus and now make the cashier double check my order before it is even handed to me.
#5- I take the extra items back into WMart and apologize, then pay.
#6-I am the person that speaks up and says hey, do you realize that's racist, wrong, etc. and my kids have been raised to do the same. I have to sleep with myself!
#7 - I do look at my kids emails, and they know it. Email is a privilege and as a parent I need to check on their actions. I may not read it, I may just see who they are emailing to and from.
#8 I do not loan money to family or friends, if they need it, I will give it as a gift as long as I can afford it. Money ruins friendships!
#9-Sorry, boss, I can't do it!
#10-I would make a joke about my personal chef that delivers.

tonya said...

#5 has happened to me twice. I loaded both boys back in the cart & took the items back.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter