Thursday, December 31, 2009

SAYING GOOD BYE TO 2009 AND HELLO TO 2010

I think I must have missed part of 2009 . . . it is so hard to believe that today is the last day of the year. Did everyone's 2009 go by as fast as ours did?

Here is a small sampling of our lives for each month of the year:

January:
  • I received a "Betty Pick Up" bell from my Mom for my new kitchen
  • Aunt Barb was struggling with her health
  • we were still under house renovation
  • my niece Gabrielle had a birthday
February
  • Katelyn turned 16
  • the movie Fireproof was released and a hit
  • my oven was repaired - actually it was two wires that were crossed thanks to the electrician
  • we had our first homemade Ole Breakfast Casserole and it was a hit - thanks Marva for the recipe
  • I took the kids roller skating - it didn't go well though
March
  • Cody turned 3
  • we moved back in to the Master bedroom - although it was not yet complete
  • Katelyn began driving
April
  • we were awaiting the news of the birth of our niece
  • we had a lovely Easter
  • our master bath was finally in service
  • April 26, our niece Anna was born
May
  • Ryan gave me a baby turtle for Mother's Day
  • EJ turned 5
  • Cameron turned 6
  • my niece Kendra had a birthday
June
  • landscaping began
  • the boys went to see a Nascar and sat inside the car
  • My sister had a birthday
  • the Illinois Foster Care system was in trouble for lack of funding
  • my kids were bartering to be obedient . . . IF
July
  • my 35 birthday . . . again
  • Randy treated the boys to Hogan's Heroes Chicken Style - in other words Chicken run
  • my sister Janeie and her family added a new baby to their family - Lucy the dog
  • swimming was almost on a daily schedule at my house
  • my twin nieces, Alyson and Jenna had a birthday

August
  • My Dad's Birthday
  • our drive was laid
  • the landscaping done and beautiful
  • school resumed and I did a happy dance
September
  • Ryan turned 7
  • my parents had an open roof installed - not really, but they did have a huge hole in their roof
October
  • we have been married for 27  years
  • a stranger called me grandma to my kids - not a happy moment for me
  • our local Holiday Express burned
  • Ebay was the name of the game at my house
  • H1N1 was at epidemic levels in our area
November
  • a nurse at the doctors office called Randy "grandpa" he was not amused
  • the geese were stalking our yard
  • Thanksgiving
  • Thanksgiving costumes
  • family time
  • we began supporting five children from El Salvador
  • Katelyn was in the ER several times for nose bleeds
December
  • Randy's 51 birthday
  • Mom's 66 birthday
  • kids out of school for Christmas vacation
  • Christmas
  • Great family time
  • saw the chipmunks movie
  • snow, snow, snow at our house
  • our house is still not finished in the renovation area - little things have been left undone
As 2009 concludes, we have much to be thankful for . . .

2 comments:

Kelli said...

What a great year. Now I have that song in my head..."You say goodbye and I say hello...hello, hello."

Mimi said...

Happy New Year Julie!
I can remember reading most of the things you listed each month on your blog.
I hope that this year brings your family health and happiness!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter