Monday, November 30, 2009

M.O.M.

M.O.M. - three little letters that mean so much.

Mom's are called different things around the United States:
  • ma
  • mom
  • momma
  • mommy
  • mother
  • mum
The Job Titles of Mom's are never ending:
  • parent
  • cuddler
  • snuggler
  • bather
  • nurse
  • pharmacist
  • teacher
  • entertainment director
  • disciplinarian
  • chef
  • chauffer
  • bus driver
  • event planner
  • manicurist
  • dental hygenist
  • secretary
  • maid
  • friend
  • field trip planner
  • birthday party coordinator
  • clothier
  • art teacher
  • phonics teacher
  • math teacher
  • science teacher
  • Bible verse teacher
  • story reader
  • referee
  • judge
  • advocate
  • bank
  • psychiatrist

This past holiday weekend, I had the opportunity to simply observe and think. How many times a day do my children yell M....O....M? How many times do I get frustrated at hearing it? How many times do I welcome it?

God has answered my prayers . . . the prayers I have said over and over for children. God Blessed me, giving me children . . . children that were in HIS ultimate plan just for me and my hubs. God knew there would be wonderful days and days that I could barely manage to get through. God is there to see us through.

The Thanksgiving Holiday is a time to reflect . . . a time to give thanks . . . a time to appreciate those God has surrounded you with.

I am a MOM . . . A MOM to FIVE Children . . . GOD GIVEN children of whom I am Blessed . . . and they call me MOM. Being a Mom is the hardest, but most rewarding thing I will ever do.

3 comments:

Marva said...

Amen! So well said Julie! How blessed we are! Hugs!!!

Isabel said...

How true! I have to add another occupation in the list: DJ. At this time of year the kids constantly ask for Christmas songs from 5 different CDs!

Marva said...

YES! Please send me an order! I am so up for it! Blessings and Thanks!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter