Many of my readers know that I have five children. Yes, FIVE. My heart always held a large family in its future and now I am living it. Although my heart loves children, unless God directs in a mighty way, we have all of the children we will have. Our home is quite busy, noisy, etc.
That is where sponsoring a child comes in. When thinking about sponsoring a child there are questions that go through your mind:
- What specific benefits will the child I sponsor receive? The child you sponsor through Compassion will receive opportunities and services that most of the world's poorest children will simply never see.
- The opportunity to receive an education: In some cases, this means providing the cost of school fees, clothing and supplies. In other cases, it means providing tutoring, help with homework, encouragement and, if necessary, participation in a literacy program outside the classroom. Your Compassion sponsorship will allow one special child to stay in school longer if formal schooling is an option and get the most out of his or her education.
- The opportunity to be healthy: The health of the child you sponsor will be monitored and care will be provided as needed. Children are taught about hygiene and how to maintain personal health. In addition, and according to their needs, many Compassion children receive supplementary food.
- The opportunity to develop self-confidence and social skills: The child you support will be part of a church-based program where Christian adults offer love, guidance, personal attention, guided recreation and safety.
- The opportunity to hear the gospel and learn about Jesus: Most important, your Compassion sponsorship provides the child you sponsor with regular Bible training and encouragement through a local church committed to Christ and the children in its community.
Max Lucado, Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith, Geoff Moore, Caedomon's Call, Point of Grace, Mercy Me and more.
There are children all over the world that NEED someone to pray for them, love them and sponsor them. There are children in poverty in the USA and abroad that need your help. Where ever your heart is, seek out and find a place that you can help children. God will Bless You!
For information on Compassion International, visit compasssion.com