Tuesday, September 8, 2009

BLOGGING, SMARTIES, HANDMADE HOME & THE CREATIVE FAMILY

Midweek is here already . . . but wasn't that extra day to the weekend wonderful?

Our weather here is wonderful . . . low 80's and breezy. I love the 70's temps better, but will take the 80's too.

Have your kids started looking at items for Christmas yet? The Lego catalog arrived in our mail on Saturday and the kids devoured it! There are little post it flaggies all over the catalog with little boys' names on it. Sis got into the act as well, but only placed one flag for the Taj Mahal. It is only 5,922 pieces. Wowee!!!

I received two wonderful books in the mail this week . . . and may I add that they were signed by the author!!! ;-) The books are: The Creative Family and Handmade Home both by Amanda Blake Soule! I enjoyed flipping through each page and leaving my own little post it tags of little projects I want to try. I was even thinking a few of them might be fun projects for the kids to give to their teachers at Christmas. The books are lovely and have plenty of instruction to each project.

I have decided to try BRIBERY with C our 3 1/2 year old and his potty training. I purchased some of his favorite candy . . . smarties . . . and told him that every time he goes potty on the potty he will get some. He immediately went and received his reward. A little bit later I coaxed him again and he would not go. So, on to plan B . . . I will continue to BRIBE him PLUS when he won't go potty and wets his pants, I will remove one of the smarties packs from the container but not give it to him. I think once he sees that his smarties are going down one by one he might get himself busy and do what he needs to.

Tomorrow will find me doing laundry, cleaning two 1/2 baths and vacuuming the kitchen. Today I had the delight of cleaning the refrigerator . . . YUCK!!! How can a fridge get so messy? Doesn't anyone know where the ketchup goes or the mustard, or the . . . you know what I mean.

Has anyone noticed that it seems people aren't blogging as much as they were. Maybe everyone is just plain busy, busy. How about you . . . do you still blog everyday or at least once a week?

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Ooh a Lego catalog! I need to look into that. I love those kits and my kids love to create things. We got an American Girl catalog and Jamison has been looking through that. Those books sound like great ones! You'll have to share how you like them. I have noticed the slowing down of blogging. I still try and blog daily.

Jeanette said...

We never get the Lego catalog! No fair!!!

What would R like for his upcoming birthday?? Anything in the Lego catalog that I could order for him??

I know how crazy we have been here - I'm sure there are many others out there just as busy. Blogging has slowed down here but I still get on every few days.

Keep going with C! He'll get it :}

12-arrows said...

Yup I've even slowed down in blogging and I think mine is due to FB! FB is less time consuming with the simple quick notes and blogging takes time to think, but I've been trying to blog at least once a week, its been hard too!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter