Monday, August 24, 2009

Vege Beef Soup and Laundry

Yesterday we thoroughly enjoyed our first taste of the side of beef we purchased. A Rump Roast was put into the oven to slowly roast all afternoon . . . let me tell you, the smells coming from the kitchen as that roast cooked was almost too much to handle. You know you are going to have a great meal when the males in the house are sitting at the table BEFORE they are called. The roast was VERY yummy and was eaten it its entirety! I planned ahead though and put on two rump roasts for another meal . . . vegetable beef soup. I had other things in mind, but I wanted to put something in the crock pot today so that I wouldn't have to tend it much. Let me tell you, I love crock pot meals . . . twenty minutes and the dinner is on to simmer for the day!

Here is how I made it . . .
  • I shred one rump roast and put it in the crock pot
  • added two cans of diced tomatoes
  • onions and mushrooms were simmered and added to the pot
  • frozen mixed veges added in
  • a few potatoes chopped and added in
  • broth also added
  • salt and pepper for seasoning
All of the above are in the crock pot and will cook together all afternoon. Tonight we will enjoy a nice home made soup that is such a great comfort food!

Laundry is the name of the game for my day. How about you?

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I LOVE the smell of a roast cooking. Nothing like it.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter