Sunday, August 30, 2009

Uppercase Living Project Done!

Good Sunday Morning Everyone!

Yesterday I was able to mark off one more thing on my list of extras that I wanted to complete. I finished one of the Uppercase Living Projects . . . but, I am no going to post a photo yet ~~~ hubs is going to make a frame for it first! He loved it! I am so excited because it will be perfect above the fireplace mantle in our piano room. Here are a few details of the project:
  • I purchased a white artist canvas size 30 x 30
  • chose three colors of acrylic artists paint
  • a few different paint brushes
  • my uppecase living items - two step process
  • clear coat spray

I laid out newspaper to protect my table and began my fun. I began with black - painted over the entire canvas ~~~ I felt like a true painter! lol After the black dried, which was rather quick, I applied brush sweeps of gold and bronze . . . no particular method just random strokes. Again, I waited for it to dry and then K applied the spray clear coat protectant. The finished project is now waiting for my hubs to custom make the frame. If he doesn't get to it this week, I will take it to Hobby Lobby for the frame. I have to say, I loved making this project . . . it was fun and relaxing. I will post a photo when the frame has been installed around the canvas.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to see a picture, it sounds really nice. And it could inspire me to add some personal touches of art in our home! We could use it!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter