Thursday, August 20, 2009

Twitter

Today I am changing my post up a bit . . . I thought it would be fun to give definition to what Twitter is. Personally I do not use Twitter, but more and more people or doing so. I looked Twitter up on Wikipedia . . . a free internet encyclopedia and this is basically what it said:

  • twitter is a social network
  • twitter is a mini blog
  • tweets are text based mmessages of 140 characters or less
  • on twitter you have a circle of friends or can choose open access
  • friends are known as peeps
  • twitter was created in 2006
  • twitter is the 3rd most social network
  • 6 million unique monthly visitors
  • 55 million visitors
  • 40% of twitter messages are constituted as pointless babble

So, there you have it . . . I only have one question that I didn't see addressed on Wikipedia . . . If a message is a tweet then what is the person called? A tweeter or a TWIT?

Hmmmm we may never know!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I have a Twitter account - I've had it for well over a year and before it hit big. I am just WAY to wordy to enjoy Twitter.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter