Friday, August 14, 2009

FIRE

Today has been a long but lovely day. My Mom stopped by today for a visit . . . we absolutely loved every minute. The kids were as excited as I was to see her and all had a lot to say.

More landscaping was completed today . . . more plantings were put in today as well as lighting. Tomorrow . . . SOD in the back yard! Yippee!

Tonight we enjoyed this:


The hubs and I started up a nice fire . . . we had a very rickety outside rocker that we purchased from Cracker Barrell many years ago that the kids and I broke apart this afternoon that burned beautifully. The crackling and smell of wood burning was so relaxing as we sat and listened to the Back to School song that plays nightly by the locust. We first heard the locust singing two weeks ago and had to smile . . . it is back to school time. From the time I was young, the locust sound was my signal that school was starting soon . . . even now it makes me smile.
The boys played outside a good long time this afternoon and tonight. They should sleep well tonight!
I brought the pictures in of the fire tonight and loaded them on my computer. K said, Wow . . . isn't it amazing that now they have see and smell photos. She was being silly . . . she was viewing the photos and smelling me . . . I was the fire stirrer and smelled of burning wood/smoke.

1 comment:

PamperingBeki said...

LOVE that!! We have a fire pit in our backyard that I just love.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter