Saturday, August 8, 2009

Drive Way Photos - I KNEW YOU WOULD BE EXCITED!

This is my 100th post on this blog! Hurray! I love milestones!

Today was a lovely laid back day. Hubs took the kids outside to the pool and they swam for a few hours. K and I were able to chill out and watch a movie . . . or two.

Hubs made dinner . . . brats on the grill and fresh corn on the cob from the farmer's market.

I helped K with her blog . . . she needed it to be updated with a little color. It is now black and white with a little turqoise! She wanted her art drawings placed on her blog in a slideshow, so I did that for her as well. She was so excited!

The temps outside reached into the 90's today and we had a heat advisory for possible heat indeces of 105 degrees. The hot temps didn't stop the landscaping guys . . . they were here early this morning and worked until around 4:00 p.m. on laying the pavers for our drive. It is going to look incredible! There were many drive by onlookers throughout the day. I continue to joke that we should charge drive by admission for the front of the house and the back from the lake. The lake usually has a lot of traffic from the jet skis, pontoon and other boats.

K took a few photos of the drive - the sun put a pretty good glare on the photo - sorry.















and the walkway to the house from the drive.



































Mrs. S's last day here with the boys was last Thursday . . . we will miss seeing her three days a week. Although when school starts, one of my boys will have her as a teacher each day. She is awesome ~ we couldn't love her more!

K and I want to go and see the new movie Julie and Julia. It will probably be some evening after the boys go to bed and R is relaxing.




Closing for tonight - have a great evening.

4 comments:

heartsfullofluv said...

OMW!!! The driveway bricklayers work FAST!!! I saw your drive this AM from the hill as I went to a GS on your street. They definitely were out there early! Looks beautiful!!
Have a fun rest of the day--stay cool!!

Kelli said...

The driveway looks very nice. I can't believe the summer is almost over.

Elizabeth said...

That is beautiful. It's a very classy choice! And a friend of mine has been raving about Julie & Julia. I hope you enjoy it :)

Mimi said...

The pavers look great. You'll have to give us a reiew of the movie! I have the Julia Child's dvd set and the Julia and Jaques set from PBS. They are fantastic!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter