Friday, August 21, 2009

B.O.R.I.N.G.

I am going to warn you ahead . . . this post is probably going to be B.O.R.I.N.G. I hope to spice it up, but not so sure I can.

We received a call two days ago that our side of beef was ready to pick up at the butcher/packing plant. Yippee . . . we have NEVER purchased a side of beef, but have wanted to for a long time. Well, we decided this was the year. We had two upright freezers . . . one that we purchased and one that was given to us when my grandma passed away many years ago. We decided this year to purchase a commercial upright model. With five kids, hubs and I thought it best to purchase a beef to fill one up. Anyway our commercial freezer arrived late last week and was delivered. Today, hubs decided to go and pick up the side of beef, so off he went with his boxes to get the meat. Not knowing how much space we would need, we thought a side of beef would be a tremendous amount of beef. He arrived home with the beef and began unloading it . . . I was a little shocked that they could get an entire side of beef into four boxes. Yes . . . four boxes. That being said, we have some wonderful cuts of meat in our freezer now and I will be thawing some of that wonderful meat out for lunch and dinner tomorrow. The side of beef didn't take up as much space as I thought - in fact, next time the freezer is empty we might go for an entire cow!

After I loaded the beef into the freezer, I began unloading grandma's freezer of its frozen goods. Tomorrow, I will take the empty freezer outside to the drive to give it a good cleaning BEFORE it goes to my Mom and Dad's house.

Today while driving home from taking the kids to school C (age 3) was excited and asked me when we were going to go and get the hamburger. I smiled and told him that Daddy, he and I were going to go and get it. C was very happy and said, "I WANT A CHEEEESE BURGER!" He totally thought we were going to McDonald's to get our beef! I laughed and laughed!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I like my steak medium well.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter