Wednesday, July 15, 2009

YOU KNOW YOUR DAY WILL BE A CHALLENGE WHEN . . .

You know your day is going to be a challenge when:
  • you wake in a very bad mood because your hubs did something you didn't like in your dream (this is bad for you and hubs - I speak from experience!)
  • you forget to set your alarm and you over sleep
  • you get out of bed and step in a little package left for you by the dog
  • you trudge to the coffee maker urgently needing that cup of freshly brewed coffee to find you are totally out of coffee
  • you go into the bathroom and do what is necessary only to find there is no toilet paper
  • your hubs calls you on the telephone and suddenly realizes he called the wrong number then he says - I didn't want to call you and hangs up (later he realizes what he did and he calls to make up)
  • it is lunch time . . . you have had a certain left over in your mind that you are looking forward to eating . . . you get to the fridge and reach in - SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WANTED THAT . . . I ate it for lunch
  • you are doing laundry . . . you have just switched it out - wash in the dryer and dirty clothes in the washer - off you go to hang out until the laundry is done. It has been a while so you go in to check on the laundry - duh, you forgot to turn on the machines!!!
  • you sync your mobile telephone with your computer - only to find out a few days later that you have missed an appointment. Upon inspection, you find that during the sync both your mobile telephone AND your computer's calendar have been wiped out
  • you didn't get laundry done and now you are out of undies
  • you are trying to get your child's attention, but forget which one you are calling . . . so you start down the name list from oldest to youngest
  • you look at your child and totally go blank as to the child's name, so you just say - Hey you . . . with the face!
  • you have told your child time and again to get moving or you will be late for school . . . finally out of desperation you tell the child if he/she cannot get moving you will send them to school in their pjs. The child decides to test those boundaries and you follow through with your promise - off to school in their jammies. Your child comes home with a naughty note - not about your child, but about you - apparently it is against school policy to send your child in anything but school clothes you are asked to refrain from sending your child to school in his/her jammies
  • you send your child to his/her room for being naughty only to ask ten minutes later where he/she is
  • you forget that you have sent your child to the corner and remember 2 hours later - ooops
  • you and your dear daughter are off to go shopping . . . you are in a nice store, looking through the baby clothing when you drop an article of clothing . . . you bend over to pick it up and "oooppsss" you, um . . . pass a little gas . . . Your daughter hears this and being eight years old says in a very loud voice . . . MAN MOM YOU TOOTED!
  • it is field trip day and you have gone along to assist in the kindergarten class - you are in charge of six children and are told o.k. everyone have fun . . . since you drove and not rode in the bus (due to dislike of buses) you were not aware of the group instructions . . . all groups would be attending INSIDE exhibits and learning sessions . . . you decide to take your group throughout the entire field trip destination and return back to the check in site at lunch time only to find a frantic kindergarten teacher - "Where Have You Been?" "We were all worried sick!" Oooooppppssss - needless to say, my group had a great time and saw all of the sites - except the inside ones! If I were to receive a grade for the day - I would have gotten an F from the teacher, but an A from the kids. Needless to say, I don't do field trips anymore, especially that one!
Yes readers, each and every one of the above are true AND have happened to me.


5 comments:

Mimi said...

Hi Julie, I once had a very bad dream about my hubs and socked him hard in my sleep. He woke me up and wanted to know why I hit him!
On our honeymoon in the Caribbean, he was playing a card game and I decided to go to the room early. I kept dreaming that somebody was pounding on the door, oh yes, I locked him out and we were in a very small island resort which closed the front desk at 8 pm. He left his key in the room. He stayed up all night while I sept like a log. When I woke up, I was very upset to find that he had not come back,it was a Lucy Ricardo moment! I could go on and on, but you get the picture!

stitchin' girl said...

I totally love your list!! I am also a mom to 5 and these things have truly happened to me also. thanks for the comment on my blog, I hope you enjoy the book :o)

Jeanette said...

I'm trying to guess which kid got sent to school in his jammies. I would guess probably C!! Funny list :}

Kelli said...

Great list...or not so great? I have forgotten about putting Jamison on time out before. I felt so bad.

Cheffie-Mom said...

Oh my! What a list! I have days like that, too!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter