Wednesday, July 15, 2009

WHO AM I?

Do you ever ask the question . . . Who Am I? Do you ever WONDER who you are? How do people SEE me? Am I truly the person that THEY see?

I think each of us are guilty of this one. We are on our best behavior while around others, but our husbands, children and God totally get glimpses of the REAL us.

That bothers me . . . I am ashamed to say that there are times that I could be in a horrible mood - and someone stops by or calls and I totally flip the mood, just like the flip of a coin.

Each of us have labels in their mind of how they perceive themselves or how others perceive them. These labels are stored up in our brains and we pull them out each and every day.

I recently found a male friend from school on Facebook. We had not been in school for 25 plus years, but when I asked him if he remembered me, his comment was: "of course I remember you . . . you were a good girl!" Even after all of these I had left an impression on his mind - I was a good girl! That label actually made me smile and I shared statement with My Mom. I was labeled way back then - To the boys I was "good!" I take that as a HUGE compliment. However, there are other labels in my thought closet that do not make me smile . . . labels that I am not proud of . . .

During my Bible Study time today I was once again hit between the eyes. Do I resemble the Mind of Christ? I am ashamed to say, not even close. I let my mind be cluttered and contaminated with Satan's lies . . . and truly there should be no place for them. I don't want to be double minded!!!

My thought closet gets cluttered up with wrong labels, discouraging thoughts . . . my failures, judgements and fears. My wrong thinking comes from faulty assumptions . . . Faulty assumptions become the base of our thoughts and actions and are very dangerous. Our Faulty assumptions are damaging to our lives, relationships, thoughts and actions.

I want to be clean from the inside out and conform my thinking with the mind of Christ. The only way to do that is with the truth of Scripture.

Psalms 51:6 says: Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.

Hebrews 11:1 says: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen, For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.

Philippians 2:5 says: Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.

My thought closet should be filled with: THE MIND OF CHRIST.

God wants me to Be Authentic, the real deal . . . what you see is exactly who I am inside and out.

PRAYING FOR A MIND LIKE JESUS!!!

3 comments:

momstheword said...

Awesome post, Julie! It's so true. We can't have the mind of Christ if we don't fill it with Him. How can we fill it with Him if we don't read His word, if we don't seek Him in prayer? If we don't surrender to Him and let Him work?

His mind is far better than mine, His heart is far more loving than mine.

Elizabeth said...

Lately, I have been reading your posts with absolutely no idea how to comment. You keep triggering this deep thought process. Once again, I'm walking away from the computer with a loud "hmmmm..."

Thanks for that.

Kelli said...

So true Julie. I try and be the real me and fail daily. I tend to fit into whatever group I'm talking to and I need to just be me, like Christ all the time, no matter what.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter