Sunday, July 19, 2009

What July 20 Means to Me

July 20 . . . What does it mean to me? Well, July 20 many years ago I was born into this world. I was premature, but a fighter! I weighed 4lbs 9 ounces. Since July 20 is my 45th birthday I thought I would post 45 things about myself . . .

1. I am the oldest daughter
2. I have two sisters and one brother
3. I have five children (1 daughter and 4 sons)
4. I am an aunt to 13
5. I am a great aunt to six
6. I am a wife of 26 3/4 years
7. I have been a child of God for 39 years
8. I have never had a speeding ticket
9. I absolutely love my family
10. My daughter is my favorite and personal artist
11. I do not like to speak in front of a crowd/audience
12. I do not fly - for any reason - if God wanted me to fly He would have given me wings
13. My daughter and I are the best of friends . . . but there is still that fine line that I am her mother
14. I had my gallbladder out almost a year ago - they gave me a huge scar for my trouble
15. I love photography and my favorite subjects are my children
16. I try to talk to my Mom at least four times a week
17. I think my feet are ugly - my big toe is too stubby and my second toe is too long
18. I must have my hair colored every four weeks - actually I probably should have it done at three weeks, but four will have to do. If I don't have it colored, my hair would be white . . . not gray, but white.
19. I love to cook, but hate the clean up
20. My favorite animal . . . dogs (although, I would love to have an alpaca)
21. I love to watch Food Network and HGTV
22. I am proud of my children, even though I at time am weary of their actions, I am proud of them
23. I love to shop online
24. I loathe going into the stores to shop
25. I am opinionated
26. I share my birthday with my nephew . . . Happy Birthday little buddy!!!
27. My favorite drink is water
28. I love Coffee and must have a large cup or two each morning
29. I am NOT a morning person . . . never have been
30. I am very specific about which way the toilet paper is supposed to go . . . over not under
31. I do not like a messy toothpaste tube
32. I use Lancome makeup
33. I can build a VW Bug engine from nothing to finished . . . that is scary isn't it?
34. I home schooled our daughter for two years
35. I once stood atop a toilet at work screaming because there was a mouse in the bathroom with me
36. I don't think I could go a full day without my computer
37. I am a list maker
38. I wear granny panty undies and love them . . . what is up with thongs?
39. I love to blog and facebook and have two blogs
40. I love to soak in a tub filled with bubbles and simply relax
41. I love being a mom ~~~ it has always been my dream ~~~ even if the kids do drive me crazy!
42. I was born and raised a Cub fan ~~~ I will always be a Cub fan
43. I must wear bifocals to read now . . . yes, I am one of those long arm readers without my glasses
44. I love pottery, gerbera daisies and orchids
45. I really do not like the thought of being 45 . . . yes, it bothers me, but it is better than the alternative


Well, there you have it . . . 45 things about me! I usually don't reveal my age . . . instead you will hear something like . . .

I am 39 plus shipping and handling!!!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Happy Birthday!
I never reveal my age either, in fact if asked I have to do the math to figure it out. Usually that's only at the doctor's, thank goodness!
I hope that you had a fabulous day and may your birthday wish come true!

Kelli said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!! I can relate to your list...over, always over, I fly but I hate it, I talked to my mom daily, I LOVE online shopping because I hate to shop for clothes, definitely a list maker and love my granny panties. I hope you have a fabulous day!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday to you!

tonya said...

Happy birthday to you! Great list!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter