Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What I Have Learned As A Boy Mom

I thought a little post about "What I Have Learned As A Boy Mom" would be a fun. So here goes:

What I Have Learned As A Boy Mom . . . so far! Girl Moms be prepared!

  • never, under any circumstance allow more than one boy in the bathroom at a time . . . pee fights erupt
  • make it a habit to check to make sure your little guys are wearing undies . . . yes, sometimes they simply forget to put them on - not kidding
  • boys giggle at anything to do with bodily function
  • boys tease about everything to do with bodily function
  • boys are very loud with bodily functions
  • boys prefer their shirt fronts or sleeves over napkins
  • always be prepared as to what you will find in the bathroom - scuba gear could be helpful (maybe a hazmat suit)
  • boys never think before they do something
  • boys generally have streaks in the undies - they claim they don't have time to wipe their behinds
  • boys can stay busy in a pile of dirt for hours . . . even days
  • boys pull the legs off of bugs
  • boys tend to throw away their silverware when they throw away their napkins
  • boys are great at unloading dishwashers
  • boys are great at helping sort laundry
  • boys really think it is disgusting when they have to clean up their own urine mess from the toilet
  • boys will actually take clothes from the hamper to wear . . . if it is their favorite
  • boys will try to wear their shoes to bed
  • boys pout, whine and sass - just like girls
  • boys are rough and like to wrestle
  • boys don't worry about getting hurt
  • boys never do anything in a straight forward manner - there are always detours
  • ask a boy to go get something, they can never find it
  • boys give the hardest hugs
  • boys don't mind getting dirt into their mouths
  • boys love to jump in mud puddles
  • boys hate baths or having their hair washed
  • boys love to snuggle with their mommy
  • boys love to spit - until you tell them they have to spit and spit as a punishment for spitting (in the toilet of course)
  • boys rarely walk unless they are trying to get out of doing a task
  • boys are amazing
  • God has a great sense of humor - because He Made Those Little Rascals that we call BOYS!
I AM HONORED TO BE THE MOM OF FOUR LITTLE BOYS! It makes me stronger!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Aren't boys great. Love the Hazmat suit remark, I need to invest in one ;)

tonya said...

I was so excited when I saw the title of your post & you did not disappoint!! I laughed & nodded all the way through. I'm only 17 months into the adventure of being a boy mom so I still have much of your excitement in my future...thanks for the warning! As I type my husband is literally sweeping the floor with my giggling 17-month old...uh-oh...he puked...gotta go!! I LOVE MY BOYS!

Elizabeth said...

LOL! This is such a terrific post :) And I agree. Boys are fascinating to raise. Mine shock me every day! But I'm so blessed to have almost 3 of them.

Elizabeth said...

Oh yes, tea tree oil is such a gift from God! I used to be a director for Melaleuca and people had so many stories about what the oil does for them. Zack had an ear infection a couple months back. It was his first time ever being prescribed antibiotics and I was uncomfortable with it. I put some oil on a napkin in a coffee cup and heated it to steaming and then tilted Zack's head so his ear was right above the coffee cup. I did this a few times and he wasn't complaining about his ear anymore. The doctor confirmed that the infection went away :) It's magic!

That's terrific that it worked so well on their rash!

Kelli said...

This sounds like a list of "things Kelli has to look forward to." They are fun!

Cheffie-Mom said...

LOL! I almost spit out my tea! Great post!

Isabel said...

Ha ha! Though I must say that some of the things apply to girls too.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter