Tuesday, July 14, 2009

WHAT FILLS YOUR THOUGHT CLOSET?

I have been going through the Bible Study by Jennifer Rothschild "Me Myself and Lies" and it is very thought provoking. Do You Ever Wonder What You Should Say When You Talk To Yourself?

Hmmmm . . .  what DO I say when I talk to myself? What is in my "thought closet known as my brain?" 

Being a woman there are many things that constantly bombard my brain ~ and I know I am not alone, other women do the same . . .

I should have done this

I shouldn't have done that

My hair is bad

My body is fat

What if????

What kind of a Mom am I?

Why didn't I do that better?

Why did I say that?

Then there are the worries:

Our Economy is Bad   . . . what will we do?

Presidential decisions

State Government decisions

How will the world be when my children are grown?

The costs of living continue to rise

Taxes

Weather

Health

The worries pile up too! How are we as Children of God to deal with all of the happenings around us? What SHOULD be in our thought closets? What do we ponder/meditate on?

God's Word tells us in Philippians 4:8

Meditate on what is TRUE, NOBLE, JUST, PURE, LOVELY, OF GOOD REPORT, VIRTUE AND ANYTHING PRAISEWORTHY!

We should behave/think things just as if God was standing/sitting right next to you. Is what you are meditating on acceptable in God's sight? 

Lean on God, meditate on God's Word . . . He alone is our strength and redeemer.

No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter