Friday, July 31, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tonight I plan to chill out with K and watch America's Got Talent . . . she loves it and I don't mind it.
Sorry that I don't have any more - I am just pooped!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
If your boys are like mine, they build airplanes out of anything they can get their hands on. I am so excited . . . Fisher Price came out with a few new toys and we snatched some up!
Check these out:
They are called Trio and I have ordered the Bug set, Airplane Set and Building set . . . they are reasonably priced too!
These are just a few of the creative things your little guys can build. Just be prepared . . . they may play for extended periods of time!
The a.m. kitchen or morning kitchen offers an array of small appliances for breakfast or evening unwinding and solitude.
When we remodeled and added an addition to our home, one of the things we wanted was an a.m. kitchen connected to our Master Bedroom. Our Master Suite consists of a walk in closet, bathroom, bedroom, a.m. kitchen and deck.
Our a.m. kitchen:
- attached to the Master bedroom
- has a built in coffee machine
- has a built in microwave
- has a built in mini fridge and freezer combination
- has a built in sink & water filtration
- chairs to relax in
- possibly a television
Here are a few photos of our Master Bedroom going into and including the a.m./morning kitchen and attached deck . . . I did not include the master bath photos as you can see them HERE.
I will try to describe as best I can for you to get the layout . . .
After going up the stairs and straight ahead through the hallway you see the Master bedroom.
A close up of our bed and new Pottery barn bedding. I plan to put a little something on the wall above the headboard . . .
This is my night table . . .
Standing just inside the mb door and looking left, you get a glimpse of our a.m. kitchen and attached deck.
Another view . . .
Now I have stepped into the a.m. kitchen and snapped a picture . . . This is my hub's chair and ottoman.
A few of my pretties . . . yes, the plant is real and I love the geese. We have a ton of them on the lake, so they fit right in.The little plaque and stand were from Uppercase Living and I made them myself!
My chair and ottoman sits on the left of the room . . . further left is the television.
Standing on the deck and looking back into the a.m. kitchen this is what you see to the left . . . a microwave, sink and coffee machine.
To the right is more cabinetry and a refrigerator/freezer with ice maker unit.
Walking out the sliding door to the deck . . . this is what you see . . . my favorite place to be . . . my little table overlooking the yard and the lake. This deck is up three stories in the back due to a walk out basement. The breezes up on this deck are wonderful as is the view. We also installed a fan to keep those breezes coming!
Some beautiful plants I received for my birthday:
The view to the left:
There you have it . . . now I have to go and check on laundry . . . have a great day!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Our Chores Completed today:
- laundry started
- kitchen table and chair set washed down with murphy's oil soap
- kitchen dusted
- a.m. kitchen floor vacuumed and wiped
- a.m. kitchen dusted
- groceries put away - my hubs went to the store
- master bedroom dusted
- master bedroom floors vacuumed and wiped
- main floor tidied up
- boys' rooms dusted
- boy's rooms vacuumed and wiped down
- upstairs hallway dusted
- upstairs hallway vacuumed and wiped down
- wiped down cobwebs from deck railing
- cleaned out under the cabinets (empty boxes, lotion bottles, etc.)
- refilled toilet tissue
- tidied the towel shelving behind the door
- scrubbed the tub
- scrubbed the floor
- cleaned the toilet
- cleaned out the cabinet drawers
- washed down countertop
- tidied and re-sorted all toys to they correct place in three year old's room
- vacuumed and wiped it down
- tidied 5 & 6 year old's room
- vacuumed and wiped it down
- tidied almost 7 year olds room
- vacuumed and wiped it down twice . . . yes it was that nasty! it was wiped down last week too!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
The walls will feature seating and the circle is for a gas fireplace.
a view from the patio by the gazebo and lake . . .
as you can see, we still have a mound of dirt . . . but it isn't a mountain any longer. The fencing around the pool now matches the railings on the main floor and upper decks. Each column around the pool has a carriage house type light for evening swims and entertaining - I can't wait to do a little entertaining!
The next picture shows the main floor deck lights on - the kids were playing with blocks out on the deck while my hubs and I chilled out while watching boats and jet skis on the lake.
The last picture is of our new fire pit . . . this fire pit is located down by the lake and gazebo. This will be great for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows - and is wood burning.
The landscaping guys have lovely days to work . . . I like to watch the progress.
I am cutting this post short - K and I are going to watch The Long Long Trailer starring Lucille Ball.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
I have begun making little projects with Uppercase Living Products. I won Uppercase Living Products (ULP) in a raffle a while back and am now hooked.
The first picture below was made using the ULP, a can of spray paint and a painters canvas from the hobby store. This was made for my daughter's bathroom.
One of the walls in my daughter's bathroom was decorated with more ULP. This cute little design was completed in less than five minutes! Love this!!!
The next photo is a little ULP in my laundry room. I totally LOVE it!
K decided to start AND complete a new drawing. One of my bloggy friends takes great pictures that K loves to draw . . . Cheri - do you recognize this drawing? I love how she captures the innocence of a baby.
This drawing is of a photo that K once saw:
A friends baby . . . K really captured this little lady:
I received this beautiful vase for my birthday, so a trip to the Hobby Lobby for some floral stems and this is the end result:
Kelli . . . the paperwork I have been busy with is inventory. I use my home computer to take care of our business' paperwork and inventory. It is much easier to work from home with a little one running around.
The day has been full and I am wiped out . . . have a great night!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
I was immersed in paperwork last evening and all morning then took a break to have my nails done. After my nail appointment it was off to Hobby Lobby for some floral stems. I received a beautiful vase and bowl for my birthday and decided they both need stems. I also purchased a blank artist canvas so that I can make a beautiful Uppercase Living item! I hope to get a few photos of both floral arrangements and my Uppercase design to post, but not tonight. I have more paperwork - inventory and laundry.
Have a great night.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
1. I am the oldest daughter
2. I have two sisters and one brother
3. I have five children (1 daughter and 4 sons)
4. I am an aunt to 13
5. I am a great aunt to six
6. I am a wife of 26 3/4 years
7. I have been a child of God for 39 years
8. I have never had a speeding ticket
9. I absolutely love my family
10. My daughter is my favorite and personal artist
11. I do not like to speak in front of a crowd/audience
12. I do not fly - for any reason - if God wanted me to fly He would have given me wings
13. My daughter and I are the best of friends . . . but there is still that fine line that I am her mother
14. I had my gallbladder out almost a year ago - they gave me a huge scar for my trouble
15. I love photography and my favorite subjects are my children
16. I try to talk to my Mom at least four times a week
17. I think my feet are ugly - my big toe is too stubby and my second toe is too long
18. I must have my hair colored every four weeks - actually I probably should have it done at three weeks, but four will have to do. If I don't have it colored, my hair would be white . . . not gray, but white.
19. I love to cook, but hate the clean up
20. My favorite animal . . . dogs (although, I would love to have an alpaca)
21. I love to watch Food Network and HGTV
22. I am proud of my children, even though I at time am weary of their actions, I am proud of them
23. I love to shop online
24. I loathe going into the stores to shop
25. I am opinionated
26. I share my birthday with my nephew . . . Happy Birthday little buddy!!!
27. My favorite drink is water
28. I love Coffee and must have a large cup or two each morning
29. I am NOT a morning person . . . never have been
30. I am very specific about which way the toilet paper is supposed to go . . . over not under
31. I do not like a messy toothpaste tube
32. I use Lancome makeup
33. I can build a VW Bug engine from nothing to finished . . . that is scary isn't it?
34. I home schooled our daughter for two years
35. I once stood atop a toilet at work screaming because there was a mouse in the bathroom with me
36. I don't think I could go a full day without my computer
37. I am a list maker
38. I wear granny panty undies and love them . . . what is up with thongs?
39. I love to blog and facebook and have two blogs
40. I love to soak in a tub filled with bubbles and simply relax
41. I love being a mom ~~~ it has always been my dream ~~~ even if the kids do drive me crazy!
42. I was born and raised a Cub fan ~~~ I will always be a Cub fan
43. I must wear bifocals to read now . . . yes, I am one of those long arm readers without my glasses
44. I love pottery, gerbera daisies and orchids
45. I really do not like the thought of being 45 . . . yes, it bothers me, but it is better than the alternative
Well, there you have it . . . 45 things about me! I usually don't reveal my age . . . instead you will hear something like . . .
I am 39 plus shipping and handling!!!
Have a great day!
I learned something new this weekend . . . Farkle on Facebook. I must say it doesn't sound very nice, but it is fun and addicting. I would liken it to a switched up kind of Yahtzee. My brother in law got me started and I must say, it is fun.
The weekend has been o.k. if you don't count all of the arguments by the kids!!! I really do feel it is TIME for them to go back to school . . . the count down has begun . . . 28 days until the first day of school! Many of my bloggy friends' children didn't get out of school as early as mine did . . . mine were out in the middle of May, so we are ahead in vacation time from most.
Well, I have to say . . . this has got to be one of the shortest and most boring blog posts I have done in a long time.
Friday, July 17, 2009
We arrived at Dick Blick and K thought she was in artist heaven! C also enjoyed shopping . . . they had a kids' section. Overall, I expected Dick Blick to be larger, the actual store was rather small. K was happy though - which was what the whole trip was about.
We finished up at the Dick Blick store and headed out. By the time we had gotten back into the car, the clouds were looking rather dark and I was for sure we were going to be driving into a storm. No rain though, Praise the Lord.
We had another errand to run before we stopped for lunch, so we took care of that and then we headed for TGI Friday's. The kids love the fried green beans . . . K had the chicken Parmesan sliders, C had the Mac n Cheese, I had the Turkey burger - totally yummy!
Once home, I surprised the boys with new crafts to do and they absolutely loved them. We had a "pizza," lion, cow and butterfly craft. Of course, the googly eyes were a favorite, as was the glue!
The work continues on our yard . . . more footings were poured for the stonework down the side of our home AND on the front corner of the house. The backyard has the stonework walls completed and next week the guys will install the stone floor and fire pit in the courtyard. I look forward to seeing the stonework in the front of the house and down the side.
Our weekend it up for grabs . . . not sure what we will be doing other than a quick tidy up and laundry.
So what are you up to this weekend?
Thursday, July 16, 2009
- a string cheese wrapper
- two candy wrappers
- two stray socks
- a pair of dirty undies
- Nintendo games - we have a rule against more than one out at a time - I found like 9 games
- Movies - not in their DVD cases, they were to be in the Library after use - there were more than 20
- waded up coloring pages
- an empty gum box
- two wads of already been chewed gum
- a chip clip
- some of his little brothers' Duplo blocks
- a dust cloth
- 3 Nintendo DS game units - we have a rule about this as well
- Leapster games - too many to count - also included in our rule
- a Leapster unit - also included in our house rules
- a tube of toothpaste (small and children's) - he sucks the toothpaste out of the tube - that could have been the reason that he had diarrhea one day - hmmm
- about 12 smoke bombs (he must have found these in the garage one day)
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
- you wake in a very bad mood because your hubs did something you didn't like in your dream (this is bad for you and hubs - I speak from experience!)
- you forget to set your alarm and you over sleep
- you get out of bed and step in a little package left for you by the dog
- you trudge to the coffee maker urgently needing that cup of freshly brewed coffee to find you are totally out of coffee
- you go into the bathroom and do what is necessary only to find there is no toilet paper
- your hubs calls you on the telephone and suddenly realizes he called the wrong number then he says - I didn't want to call you and hangs up (later he realizes what he did and he calls to make up)
- it is lunch time . . . you have had a certain left over in your mind that you are looking forward to eating . . . you get to the fridge and reach in - SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WANTED THAT . . . I ate it for lunch
- you are doing laundry . . . you have just switched it out - wash in the dryer and dirty clothes in the washer - off you go to hang out until the laundry is done. It has been a while so you go in to check on the laundry - duh, you forgot to turn on the machines!!!
- you sync your mobile telephone with your computer - only to find out a few days later that you have missed an appointment. Upon inspection, you find that during the sync both your mobile telephone AND your computer's calendar have been wiped out
- you didn't get laundry done and now you are out of undies
- you are trying to get your child's attention, but forget which one you are calling . . . so you start down the name list from oldest to youngest
- you look at your child and totally go blank as to the child's name, so you just say - Hey you . . . with the face!
- you have told your child time and again to get moving or you will be late for school . . . finally out of desperation you tell the child if he/she cannot get moving you will send them to school in their pjs. The child decides to test those boundaries and you follow through with your promise - off to school in their jammies. Your child comes home with a naughty note - not about your child, but about you - apparently it is against school policy to send your child in anything but school clothes you are asked to refrain from sending your child to school in his/her jammies
- you send your child to his/her room for being naughty only to ask ten minutes later where he/she is
- you forget that you have sent your child to the corner and remember 2 hours later - ooops
- you and your dear daughter are off to go shopping . . . you are in a nice store, looking through the baby clothing when you drop an article of clothing . . . you bend over to pick it up and "oooppsss" you, um . . . pass a little gas . . . Your daughter hears this and being eight years old says in a very loud voice . . . MAN MOM YOU TOOTED!
- it is field trip day and you have gone along to assist in the kindergarten class - you are in charge of six children and are told o.k. everyone have fun . . . since you drove and not rode in the bus (due to dislike of buses) you were not aware of the group instructions . . . all groups would be attending INSIDE exhibits and learning sessions . . . you decide to take your group throughout the entire field trip destination and return back to the check in site at lunch time only to find a frantic kindergarten teacher - "Where Have You Been?" "We were all worried sick!" Oooooppppssss - needless to say, my group had a great time and saw all of the sites - except the inside ones! If I were to receive a grade for the day - I would have gotten an F from the teacher, but an A from the kids. Needless to say, I don't do field trips anymore, especially that one!
She smiled and said . . . "I see it was delivered." Still intrigued I asked, "What was delivered?" "The Box." I am sure the look of question was on my face. Mrs. S continued . . . "It is out there on the back of that truck." She smiled and walked with me to the front door and out onto the porch. There it was . . . on a trailer . . .
THE KID JAIL . . . . What an idea!!! lol
p.s. Truth be told, this is the fencing that is going to be installed around the pool today. I did think Mrs. S's comment was truly hilarious and quite the idea.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Participants: K = daughter age 16; R = son age almost 7; C = son age 6; E = son age 5; C = son age 3 and Me - too old to tell!
Chores Completed Today by my little Cleaning Army:
- tidied up
- knocked down a few cob webs
- watered plants
- sectional taken apart and moved for cleaning
- stash of toys that were missing has been found (a.k.a. matchbox cars, Lego's and misc. trinkets)
- stash of toys put away
- floor vacuumed
- floor mopped
- sectional re-assembled (minus one side of the corner section that had the connector come out)
- repairman for the sectional called - he will be here on Wednesday
- cushions removed and vacuumed, under cushion area was vacuumed too
- washed the mirror
- wiped down the stainless on the lamps
- moved other furniture and cleaned behind
- tidied pull up, poop bag and wipe tote
- dust bunnies wrangled
- window sills dusted
- plant watered
- tidy up
- put shoes away
- floor vacuumed
- floor mopped
- window sills dusted
- floor vacuumed
- floor mopped
- window sills dusted
- cleaned out and organized six drawers of coloring books, maze books, doodle books, prizes for behavior, etc.
- cabinets dusted
- counter tops wiped and shined
- plants watered
- fish bowl cleaned (happy fish)
- windows washed - inside and out
- dish washers emptied
- dishes put away
- stove top cleaned
- stove hood dusted
- stove warmer dusted
- bar stools dusted
- microwave cleaned
- coffee machine cleaned
- patio doors washed inside and out
- table and chairs dusted
- small table lamp I re-staged the layout
- reload dishwashers
- clean stainless appliances
- clean off breakfast bar - Where does all of this stuff come from?
- LUNCH & Kids down for a rest and recharge . . . Me too!
- scrub floor
- dusted grandfather clock
- vacuum hallway
- dust hallway
- mop hallway
- reconciled the checkbook and savings account
- cleaned off desk
- dusted the desk
- wrote the school calendar in my agenda book
- did a little online shopping - Gymboree is having Gymbucks redemption on July 16 -20
- K wrote me a list of clothes she wants for school from Hanna Andersson - put in that order
- placed order with Lands End - backpacks, lunch packs, clothing
- kids lockers tidied
Tonight we were treated to a wonderful Fish dinner. My Aunt D fries up some wonderful crappie - it truly is the best fish I have ever eaten!!! Thank you Aunt D for the yummy fish!!! The fish was so yummy that E our 5 year old said . . . THIS IS THE BEST CHICKEN I HAVE EVER HAD . . . I REALLY LIKE THIS CHICKEN. Ummmm E . . . this isn't chicken, it is fish. The boys, hubs and I ate and ate . . . we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!
Now for some pictures of my favorite things:
The picture below was drawn by my daughter K . . . the drawing is from a Da Vinci Venice Street Scene. She drew it last year and framed it as a surprise.
A Longaberger Basket on a few Ruth Graham books.
My Beautiful new Lamp from my Sister and her Family . . . Thanks guys it is GORGEOUS!
My little oak 1/2 round table - sorry you can't see much of it.
A few shelves in my Library . . . I love the stained glass, pocket watch and book. I am also a lover of plants, leather books and old ugly pots!
This little table sits in the corner of the kitchen. Again it is an oak Mission Table, a little Pottery Barn clock, more greenery, a picture of one of my kiddos and a lamp.
This is the kitchen sink . . . I love my windows, I love the little higher counter in the corner with my clock, plants and hand blown bird. I also love my tiled walls.
This little tea set and two little cups sits atop my oven warmer. It adds a little playful color.
JuJu is my nickname . . . my Mom called me that and then my sisters and now my nieces and bloggy friends. It makes me smile! My JuJu plate sits with my "Betty pick up Bell" (that is a whole story in itself), my stainless bbq basting brush and jar plus my EVOO by Rachael Ray.
Above one set of my kitchen cabinets sits a few pictures of my boys and my Longaberger baskets.
The hallway between the kitchen and the library is filled with clock photos. Love them!
Will write more later.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
- leave the dog alone
- leave your brother alone
- do not hit your brother
- you will not stomp off
- you need to listen
- why did you just do that?
- go potty, go potty now
- turn that television down
- go help your dad (this is one of My favorites)
- we just ate . . . no you are not getting a snack
- if you are going to ride your bike wear your helmet
- if you are going to argue and fight then you can go to your rooms and play by yourselves
- stop being a bossy brother
- let him play with his toys how HE wants to
- if the dog bites you, it is your own fault . . . leave her alone
- I don't need help in the bathroom, I can do this myself (everyone including the dogs think they must join me when I go to the bathroom - no privacy)
- clean up the toys
- stop sassing
- stop the attitude
- do not splash me in the face (while in the pool)
- WHAT smells like poop? (no one fessed up)
Then there was the nice side of the sayings,
- yes you can snuggle with me
- I love you
- I am so proud of you
- you went potty . . . YAY!
- it is time for everyone to relax
- nap time
- you are a good helper (you must have really helped daddy - look how dirty you are)
- thank you
- sugar booger
- she likes it when you rub her nice (the dog)
- nice listening
- wow, this is yummy
- it is nice that you shared
- that was very nice
- yes, please
- thank you for telling the truth
- I will fix this and then put it away
- I am going to go help Daddy in the garage
- Daddy wants to know what to do with this . . . You are such a great helper, thank you. Tell Daddy it is for EBAY.
- What is that smell? (it was dinner cooking)
- I went potty two times
- we don't watch that dvd . . . sell it on EBAY (smiles from Mom)
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Let me set this up for you so you can visualize the entire picture . . . Four little boys all ready to chill out and watch a movie and the boys are fussing over what movie to watch. My hubs decides to walk into our library to choose a movie from our ever growing selection . . . he walks out with a HUGE smile and saying "I have got a surprise!" The boys were full of excitement - "What Daddy, What is it?" Hubs put the video in the dvd player and the music started. I didn't recognize it immediately until I began seeing the video and that is when I shook my head.
What did he choose that has the boys all sitting with their mouths open and not a word is coming from the family room? In my words - Hogan's Heroes CHICKEN STYLE! Yes, he is watching Mr. Tweety, the organized chickens, are we going on holiday? Rocky Rhoads and Mrs. Tweety . . . in other words . . .
I have proof . . . take a look at the surprise photo opportunity:
One of the boys was on the other side of the coffee table and isn't in view of the lens. Not sure why they are on the floor when they could all be on the sectional.
Well, there you go . . . the unbelievable for the evening. I am off to go out and swim.
Hubs has two of the boys out swimming . . . our youngest didn't want to swim and C has been grounded for the summer from swimming. The temps are warm, so the swimming should be very fun!
K has gone with Grammy out for the day . . . lunch and a ball game I believe was in the plans. How fun is that? Grammy even brought along a chair and water for Sis! Thanks Grammy!
Last night K and I went to my twin nieces 8th Birthday party . . . they are growing way too quickly. It seems it was just yesterday that they were born and everyone was surrounding them in awe of God's Miracles! They are growing into such beautiful young ladies!
We took along our Mi-Ki (she is all of 5 lbs) to visit with their new addition . . . Mia is ours and Lucy is theirs - Lucy is a springer terrier mix and full of excitement. Mia and Lucy had been together before and got along fine, but last night Mia decided she didn't want Lucy around her. I could not believe this little 5lb dust bunny could make Lucy "obey" her. Lucy kept her distance after Mia expressed her opinion in the form of a growl and snap - Mia's little teeth are like the size of a grain of rice (except the canines) and Lucy was definitely intimidated by her! How funny a thing like intimidation is . . . regardless how small you can intimidate with the proper attitude.
All day yesterday and this morning I worked on balancing the bank book for the office. Finally it is finished and I feel a big relief! My desk is now all cleaned off and I even took care of paying our bills today. Now all that is left for desk work is making out the calendar with the school calendar for the year. We received it AND the supply list yesterday.
The kids have been playing well together today! That makes me smile and on that note I will end this post with things that make me smile . . . I know - sappy -
- my 3 year old telling us he has to go potty
- my first cup of coffee of the day (fresh ground)
- listening to my children play (the make believe wonderfully)
- school supply lists (not sure why, it is just fun)
- a thunderstorm
- a puppy kiss
- watching my boys belly flop in the pool
- watching my dogs eat ready whip from a can (the love it when the can is almost empty and they get some to enjoy)
- a nap (they are never long enough though)
- comments from my bloggy friends
- emails from those I love
- facebook quizzes
- my daughter (she never ceases to amaze me)
- hearing my children say "I love you Mommy"
- my children "teaching" each other
- snuggling with my boys
- kisses and hugs from my children
- my daughter asking me what age can she date (I think 33 is a good age, how about you?)
- God's humor
- God's love
Thursday, July 9, 2009
I took K to driver's ed and then headed into the office to give my Dad a hair cut. After the hair cut it was time to pick K back up and then we headed off to lunch . . . Where do you ask? Olive Garden . . . oh yes, the food was ever so yummy and I definitely loved every minute we were sitting at our quiet table with no interruptions. K enjoyed the ravioli, salad and bread sticks and I enjoyed the manicotti, salad and bread sticks. I also ordered an appetizer - deep fried ravioli, calamari and mushrooms. Wow is all I can say!!! or maybe I can add . . . DIVINE, SCRUMPTIOUS AND OH SO YUMMY!
After a lovely lunch we headed off to Barnes and Noble for browsing and a bit of relaxing. Many people just rush in and out of a book store, however not us. We enjoy every opportunity we get to go for a Barnes and Noble trip!
K drove home . . . she got in about 35 minutes more to add to her driving minutes and she did great.
Once home, laundry was restarted and I took our little one up to bed. Mrs. S was in need of a break - BIG TIME! The nap was interrupted several times, but I guess a little is better than nothing!
Tonight we hope to chill in front of the television after the boys go to bed.
For those followers of the show Deadliest Catch . . .
Did you know that SIG has his own FISH STICKS in the frozen foods section? I am not kidding!!! I was strolling through the frozen foods at the beginning of the week on our grocery trip to WalMart and glanced to the left - it was the fish stick section. Low and Behold, there was Sig's picture on a box of fish sticks. I could hardly believe it! It cracked me up! I wonder what he had to do to get on a box of fish sticks! I mean REALLY . . . the guy catches crab . . . not fish sticks!
Today my Twin Nieces turned 8 . . . Happy Birthday Girls!!!
Well friends, that is all I have for tonight . . .
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
What I Have Learned As A Boy Mom . . . so far! Girl Moms be prepared!
- never, under any circumstance allow more than one boy in the bathroom at a time . . . pee fights erupt
- make it a habit to check to make sure your little guys are wearing undies . . . yes, sometimes they simply forget to put them on - not kidding
- boys giggle at anything to do with bodily function
- boys tease about everything to do with bodily function
- boys are very loud with bodily functions
- boys prefer their shirt fronts or sleeves over napkins
- always be prepared as to what you will find in the bathroom - scuba gear could be helpful (maybe a hazmat suit)
- boys never think before they do something
- boys generally have streaks in the undies - they claim they don't have time to wipe their behinds
- boys can stay busy in a pile of dirt for hours . . . even days
- boys pull the legs off of bugs
- boys tend to throw away their silverware when they throw away their napkins
- boys are great at unloading dishwashers
- boys are great at helping sort laundry
- boys really think it is disgusting when they have to clean up their own urine mess from the toilet
- boys will actually take clothes from the hamper to wear . . . if it is their favorite
- boys will try to wear their shoes to bed
- boys pout, whine and sass - just like girls
- boys are rough and like to wrestle
- boys don't worry about getting hurt
- boys never do anything in a straight forward manner - there are always detours
- ask a boy to go get something, they can never find it
- boys give the hardest hugs
- boys don't mind getting dirt into their mouths
- boys love to jump in mud puddles
- boys hate baths or having their hair washed
- boys love to snuggle with their mommy
- boys love to spit - until you tell them they have to spit and spit as a punishment for spitting (in the toilet of course)
- boys rarely walk unless they are trying to get out of doing a task
- boys are amazing
- God has a great sense of humor - because He Made Those Little Rascals that we call BOYS!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
That is all I have for tonight . . . the brain is wiped out!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
There was plenty to keep up "entertained" at home for the 4th. Remember, we live on a lake so there was plenty of
The entertainment . . . besides all of the boating, jet skiing and swimming entertainment yesterday, the people that live at the end of our culdesac decided everyone needed to be entertained by their "music." Yes, they had it BLASTING! They had a HUGE get together, their own fireworks and their own very loud music. Now I enjoy good music with the rest of them, HOWEVER I am certain that not everyone enjoyed their choices of music. Let me tell you, it was hard to hear yourself think outside. Their musical entertainment played ALL DAY . . . until 10:40 p.m. last night when it abruptly ended . . . hmmm maybe the police were called by someone that had endured enough - No, it was not us!
There were a lot of homes around the lake that chose to have their own fireworks displays . . . we could see most of them even even from the far end of the lake. They were fun and it was nice to see the different variations of fireworks. Our next door neighbors were also setting off fireworks . . . there were a few that shot straight past the back of our home and exploded between our home and the other neighbors . . . a little to close for us. Thankfully we had gone inside and no one was injured.
Today promises to be a better day. So far, everyone has shed their grumpies! Praise the Lord! Daddy has taken two of the boys outside to swim. K is practicing her flute and piano. C and C are building with Duplo blocks (Bob the Builder) as I write this morning.
This afternoon will find K and I getting groceries - Yuck!!! Not my favorite thing to do, but it is HIGHLY needed.
Have a great day . . .
Saturday, July 4, 2009
My 16 year old Daughter and I were in the kitchen chatting a week or so ago when she mentioned that the wall by the door needed some art work. Since we live on a lake K decided to draw a lighthouse scene. K completely draws her art by free hand. She is learning to use pastels and charcoal - she is self taught. We framed the drawing and it is proudly displayed in what once was an empty wall.
Here are the rules:
1) Go to your photo files…Select the 6th photo folder
2) Select the 6th photo in that folder
3) Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4) Then challenge 5 blog friends to do the same!
Now I challenge ~ TAG GIRLS ~ YOU ARE IT!!!
Friday, July 3, 2009
Hi Everyone and Welcome to Our Family Life Unscripted! My blog is about raising five children in a hectic world. I discuss things from the everyday, special times, good times and bad. I also discuss a bit of the world around us. You never know what we will be up to because Our Family Life is UNSCRIPTED!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
After our wonderful morning and early afternoon, K and I dropped of Aunt D at her house and then headed home to get her car. We spent an hour this afternoon driving around town to help her get in some driving hours. She is getting better but HATES to turn left across traffic. She told me that she would be perfectly happy going straight and only making RIGHT turns. hmmmm I just don't think she is going to get anywhere doing that! lol
I wanted to post a picture of our deck off of our Master bedroom . . . I was writing from here yesterday:
So very comfy and the breeze was wonderful.
Well, I am tired from the day and need to chill out for a few minutes before it is dinner time.
Have a great evening.