Thursday, June 18, 2009

WRITER'S WORKSHOP: Unsolicited Parenting Advice










This is my FIRST attempt at Writer's Workshop! Writer's Workshop is hosted by Mama's Losin' It!!! Just click the picture and it will take you to her site.

I have chosen . . . Unsolicited Parenting Advice as my subject.

I have FOUR boys (ages 6, 6, 5 and 3) and One girl (a teenager.) God made boys in a class of their own! God DEFINITELY has a sense of humor! When God designed boys (men) he designed them to be hunters, defenders ~ Boys come by this naturally. Have you ever noticed that a little boy does not need to be taught how to make a gun using his fingers? My hubs and I do not have guns in our home . . . yet, each of our boys has taken to pretend to have a "shooter" as they call it. They use their fingers, legos or miscellaneous toys to concoct their "shooters" and it amazes me! Many times, my husband, Mom or friend will ask . . . "how do they learn this stuff?" God designed them that way.

For years now, society has tried to stuff our little boys into a mold of what BOYS SHOULD
BE. Boys should be quiet, boys should not rough house, boys should . . . you get the picture - boys should be quiet little things that play quietly - in other words - boys should be more like girls, BUT THAT IS NOT HOW GOD DESIGNED THEM.

I have learned through trial and error - let boys be what God intends for them to be. BOYS! I have decided, it is o.k. for the boys to play "shooters" with one another. It is my responsibility to teach them right from wrong . . . it is their job to be boys. This past week I ordered cowboy hats and six shooters from visionforum.com for my youngest two. For my older two, an old boyscout manual, compass, eye scope and cypher code. I want to nurture them to be who God designed them to be. When I opened the box from Vision Forum, their eyes lit up!

Let BOYS BE who GOD INTENDED THEM TO BE! Let the adventures begin!







NOW IT IS YOUR TURN!


The Prompts:

1.) Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page and share two “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

2.) What do you aspire to be?

3.)Share a piece of
unsolicited parenting advice...only I'm soliciting it.

4.)Tell us about your blogline...how long have you been blogging, when did you start, what were/are your goals for your blog, etc.

5.)If you had 5000 dollars to give away or donate to a charity...explain what you would do with it and why.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Hi! I am so glad that you participated today! I just recently started these prompts also. You gave some great advice. I come from a family of 6 biological children and 2 adopted. All in all, I have 5 brothers, and I totally agree with you. God has a different mold for each child! Have a fantastic day!

Foursons said...

Oh wow, my name is Julie and I have 4 boys too! Ages 20,18,7,and 4. And you are so right about boys. I taught my kids gun safety because they were going to play "guns" whether they had a toy one or not. Sticks, sandwiches, legos, you name it-it becomes a gun.

April said...

Absolutely loved this post! Great job!

Elizabeth said...

AMEN!!! I am always being criticized for allowing Zack to play with army men, water pistols, swords, etc. I've been told I'm breeding him to be violent. It makes me roll my eyes because I'm not allowing him to be violent, I'm allowing him to BE A BOY!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter