Tuesday, June 30, 2009

RELAXATION AT ITS FINEST!

The wind is gently blowing, the temperature is cool and I am enjoying a little quiet time. Mrs. S is here with my boys today and my daughter K is babysitting my nieces. I retreated to the deck off of my Master Bedroom and brought along my Mac. I love being able to sit out and not have any interruptions Plus the bonus of knowing my children are being well cared for adds to the peacefulness.

The landscaping guys have placed the large stone for the patio and fire pit by the gazebo and lake and are preparing to lay the smaller stone. The transformation is becoming more amazing by the day now and I am excited. 

K has finished one week of Driver's Ed 2 and has two more weeks to go. Yesterday was a trying day for her as she was not on top of her game. She was pretty upset when she came home. Today went much better for her and I was happy to see her smile when I picked her up. We enjoyed a trip to Starbucks after Drivers Ed and as usual it was oh so yummy.

Everyone in the house is excited for the weekend. The fourth of July is always a big thing around our lake. People love to have grand fireworks displays of their own that light our sky. The only downer to the holiday is that people don't know when to stop . . . it is not uncommon for the fireworks to go on until 2 or 3 a.m.  We will be enjoying the fun of the lake with boating and jet skiing. We don't swim in the lake, although others do . . . we choose to only allow the kids to swim in our pool. We installed an in-ground pool almost seven years ago and it has been wonderful. I feel much better the kids swim in a clean pool instead of the lake where the geese, ducks and other wild life do their thing. Then there are the boaters and other recreational toys are all about ~~~ sometimes they get a bit carried away and don't pay attention to swimmers. Last year some teenagers were out jet skiing and one of them didn't pay attention well enough and ran into the side of a new pontoon boat. The jet ski rider was not hurt badly, but was very shook up. The pontoon boat did suffer damage as well as the jet ski. 

Tomorrow we are planning to be out and about after K's drivers ed. We plan to stop at a few stores and then lunch out. K also wants to get in a little more driving time. Tomorrow will be a nice day out.

What do you have planned for tomorrow?

4 comments:

ParkerMama said...

We are making Cafe Rio pork, watermelon, and ice cream and then doing our own little fireworks show!

Jenny said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Our neighbors don't know when to stop the fireworks as well.

tonya said...

I'm taking my boys to meet my husband for lunch (probably at Red Lobster since I have a giftcard), then to Wal-Mart for groceries. How exciting are we?? ;o)

Enjoy your day out & about!

Kelli said...

Sounds like you're going to have a nice 4th. I'll be over for some pool time OK?

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter