Saturday, June 27, 2009

PRIORITIES

I sit here on a warm Saturday morning with my big cup of coffee. I am looking forward to a wonderful day!

I sat down at my computer this morning - ready to read the online news . . . Not much there, that is if you actually want the news. Now, don't get me wrong, I wish the McMahon, Fawcett and Jackson families my condolences and think the press should back off of their families and let them mourn. Death is a hard and difficult time for ALL families, not just celebrity families. As I made my way to the news websites, once again I was bombarded with the headlines . . . the magazines, the tabloids, the news sites are all focusing in on Michael Jackson. How long will the news, magazines and tabloids use MJ as their money maker? How long will the television stations remove scheduled programing for "specials" on Michael and Farrah. Again I say, let the families mourn their loved ones.

I want to pose a question here, Did the world mourn Jesus when he was crucified? Jesus, the sinless was MURDERED at the hand of Man. Jesus was not a sex symbol, Jesus was not a pedophile, Jesus was not into drugs or self preservation. Jesus, the sinless, a GIFT FROM GOD.

Would Jesus' Death & Resurrection make the front page? Would the media devour it? Would you be consumed with it?


Something for each of us to think about.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Great thought provoking questions.

I also wish the media would back off and allow these families time to mourn. It is so hard to lose a loved one and celebrity or not, these families are hurting so deeply.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter