Thursday, June 25, 2009

Divine Encounters Friday . . . A GOD MOMENT

Divine Encounters Friday . . . 

What was your God Moment this Week?

The children in my home . . . which shall remain nameless . . . have been out of control. Many of you know that I have five children - One daughter and four sons. Any Mother of boys will tell you that little boys live life on the edge. Needless to say, Mom's of little boys need tons of patience and understanding ~~~ I must confess, there are days I have little of one or the other and some days I have none. Not a day goes by without me hearing myself say things like:

  • what were you thinking?
  • why did you do that?
  • how many times have I told you?
  • are you displaying J.O.Y.? (Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last)
  • why do you insist on continuing that behavior?
One evening this past week I found myself Pleading to God for guidance. I was at a loss of what to do with one of my children that simply was not obeying. No matter how many times we had gone over this particular disobedience, my child did not correct his actions and I was at a loss of how to actually get my child's attention. As I prayed, there it was as plain as day . . .God was speaking to me and I felt like I was being smacked in the back of the head ( you know, like Gibbs does on NCIS.) What was God saying to me? What hit me like a ton of bricks? A GOD MOMENT!

What Did God say?

Julie,
  • what were YOU thinking?
  • why did YOU do that?
  • how many times have I told YOU?
  • why do YOU insist on returning to the same sins?
You are no different that your child in MY (God's) eyes. You both return to your sin . . . then, you return to Me asking for forgiveness. Do I ever TURN you away? Do I ever say, Here We Go Again?

Like I said, I felt as if I were smacked in the back of the head. God has NEVER turned me away? He has NEVER lost his patience. He ALWAYS understands. God FORGIVES me each and every time I confess my sin and ask for HIS forgiveness. God is ALWAYS there when I am struggling. God ALWAYS sets me back on my feet when I have stumbled and FAILED Him.

Julie, Live by example to your children. Let them know that you will always be there to help them through their disobedience and struggles. Let the know that even a Mommy and Daddy have times in their lives that they sin too. Then, erase the slate . . . just as I erase your slate without fail. Remember the EXAMPLE OF JESUS!
WOW . . . MY GOD MOMENT this week.

So, what did I do? How did I approach my child today? Through the Example of Jesus.

What was your DIVINE ENCOUNTER this week?

3 comments:

Christy Lee said...

I am glad I came across your blog today, I definitely enjoyed reading and visiting. Hopefully next time I can participate!
Take care.
Christy

Isabel said...

What a beautiful post this is ! And so true.

Jenny said...

I love this: J.O.Y. (Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last).

Great post and so very true.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter