Sunday, June 28, 2009

ALL HANDS ON DECK

Well, we survived the storms last night . . . very bad winds, torrential rains, etc.

Today has been spent working in the house on house chores. All hands on deck!!! A house with a family of FIVE children, three dogs, Mommy and Daddy tends to require a lot of upkeep. The kids don't mind helping for the most part, so the chores go a bit more quickly.

Here is what we have accomplished this weekend . . .
  • scrubbed flooring one deck
  • logged videos and books into the mac
  • put away videos and books into the new built in units in the basement
  • Laundry
  • xtra laundry stuff like the blankets we like to snuggle under while watching television
  • ironing
  • a quick dust
  • hands and knees floor washing - the foyer, the hall, kitchen, dining, mudd room, hallway, 2 - 1/2 baths, laundry room (these floors are all stone)
  • steam mop all stone flooring
  • 2 - 1/2 baths wiped down
  • made a jar of pink lemonade
  • dusted raining and banisters on the stairs
  • tidied up
  • moved sectional to vacuum and dust mop under
  • paid bills
  • filed paperwork
  • dusted desk and computer
  • cleaned glass
  • dust mopped the upstairs hardwood
  • dust mopped the main floor hardwood
  • mopped the basement stone
  • steamed the basement stone
  • watered plants
  • vacuumed the basement
  • dust the basement
  • dust hallway
  • vacuum under sectional cushions
Do you ever feel like you deep clean every week? I feel that if I don't clean everything each week that we aren't getting the cleaning done like it should be. Don't get me wrong, we live in our home . . . there may be toys strung all over the family room or throughout the main floor, but I don't want it dirty. I hate it when white socks get dirty by walking on the floor. Reminding my children not to wear their shoes inside the house is almost a daily chore.

I often have to ask my children . . . Were You BORN IN A BARN?

2 comments:

The Pink Owl said...

I'm obsessed with deep cleaning. Now this may be my mild OCD, but I do it almost every week. Your list seriously made me feel happy. Is that weird? :)

Kelli said...

I want some of your energy...can you send it to me? I love deep cleaning. This week I need to pull out the stove and fridge to clean under them. There's nothing like a clean home.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter